VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Big news for me after so many years so many stuggles!

Rate this topic

retiredat44

The Board made a decision on your appeal

The Board of Veterans’ Appeals sent you a decision on your appeal. Here’s an overview:

Granted

The judge granted the following issues:

• Service connection, Major depressive disorder
  • Benefits as a result of VA error (Section 1151)

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records.jpg

I originally tried to file the 1151 with a vso and they told me no.... I did that on my own..

I don't have a rating yet, at least I don' think so I just looked on my VA/BVA status

With my current rating and add these.... and I should be good... I am freaking out (inside my head at 3:20 a.m.)

I cannot express much yet, until it is written in stone. as I have a few things to say, not sure if it is wisdom, learning curve, or advice...

for now I will leave With Thank you! I truly believe this website (cold way f of putting it,, I mean the people here played a large part). And actually the people here were way ahead of me, and I should have moved sooner on the advice given. But alt he advice here is like taking a full law course for several years, with humor, and a kick in the butt and the good and bad people share all contribute. I am rambling freaking out!  Thank you to all, and I hope my struggle gives everyone hope that has a wild and crazy health history that a lot of people said I probably could not do it, but the people that ran the site said the 1151 is good. YOu are 200% right. Thank you !

Steve

btw,

My wonderful daughter, whom had to pay for their schooling through huge student loan debts, because I had no money, comes to visit for a bit tomorrow. I can tell here there is even a better possibility now of the va paying for here school debt, because they denied me while she was in college al these years, she will have two Masters degrees in her 20's, in a few more months, and owes lots of money for those student loans. She makes good money but owes a fortune. This, I hope will pay retroactive? lots of stuff I don't yet understand... I better shut up and freak out by myself for a while... good night all!

Edited by retiredat44

Congratulations.

You were smart not to listen to your VSO, no one cares more about your claim than you do. Looking at the first picture it is obvious you worked very hard to put your claim together along with solid evidence you earned your win with the BVA. When you get you decision letter from the BVA make sure you go over it carefully, make sure they used the correct dates in their decision. My BVA letter had the correct dates but the RO apparently could not read and made the effective date the date of the decision instead of when I first filed, I had to submit an HLR to have the date corrected it took less than 60 days.

I hope you have a large retro check coming to you, the larger it is the longer it takes. 

It is normal to freak out about wondering what your new rating will be, just try to relax for it will come (easier said than done). 

Once again congratulations on your win!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use