VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Big news for me after so many years so many stuggles!

Rate this topic

retiredat44

Steve- as I said about 10 years ago to you- you had one  of the best 1151 claims ever!

I regret it took so long.

Your evidence was excellent. This is Wonderful News!!!!!!!!!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Retired Congrats! Not only great news for you, well deserved, but for people to see we can win thru hard work and perseverance. You don't lose until you quit trying!

it is normal for me to wake up in the middle of the night,,, worry about the nightmares... taking meds.... but I checked and it was there... but not out of the woods yet,,, until al the pieces fall into place, etc....

after it is all locked down... I can share little tidbits of info... nothing really informative, but just info and experience.

I can say I wish I had filed more claims and appeals 10 years earlier... but they kept telling me the pain had reason,,,,,, or it was ibs... etc... I can also say, do not rely on anyone else... to the new  vets who are doing this the first time...

get all your documents..... even if you think you might not even need them, get them before the doctors throw them away if you don't see them again....

there is a big leap for those of us that have to stop working.... the stop working is not just that we stop working, it is we cannot, we are going down , on the ground and being kicked as the world goes by....

you cannot say I am thinking about stopping work because this injury is to much,,, too much suffering... because when you go to disability, any disability state, federal, va, etc... and they have 20,000 claim files, you are # 20,001. None of the people you talk to are doctors, they have no clue. We are not doctors, so there could be a lot of miscommunication. Dates are important, even if al your ducks are not in the row, don't worry, you will have plenty of time to move the ducks.

The judge had a 1st question, it was did this happen on active duty on the job, at work, etc.

Some of my stuff happened on active duty but got worse.

Some people the injuring illness stuff happens and develops years later.

I was already rated for injuries when I went into these issues. These claims.

My situation was unique, as looking at the

when my decision(s) are written in stone and it is all really true and not mistake or dream, I have a few things to say about some issues, whether or not what I will say can help others, I hope so. Actually, what I have to say has already been said by many people in here and other places.

1-If you can, even if it is hard, get your documents gathered and organized. Some places can destroy or throw records out after some time passes, then the documents are gone forever. (keep multiple copies in different places and keep them save. Hard copies are best, a digital copy is always great.)

2-be good to people at the hospitals and clinics, they might write something down someday that hurt or help you.

3-Preserve dates (filing dates, appointments, etc.)

4-the vso's are (or were the last time I was at some of them) flooded with veterans filing claims adding to the backlog, and the vso's often don't know much about anything, except maybe some forms. Also, go with your want and needs, within reason, if they say they will not help you with a claim of some type, get another one if you think you can win.

5- even though I have some advice about writing down names and dates a out who said what, I screwed up several times and didn't write down names, dates, and needed those.

6-the hospitals write down everything you do, at least as an inpatient. Everything you do and say, no matter how insignificant, paltry, stupid, etc. I know, I got some copies and read some. I made some stupid comments, dry humor and they wrote it down, a waste of time and paper and pencil. But they did take detailed notes.

Lots of stuff to say, but will wait until later. You are at the mercy of many other people. You are under a microscope, the va will use anything they can against you.

stop for now..

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use