VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

?!?!?Obligation Dates?!?!?

Rate this question

blahsaysme2u

Question

another thing that has come up that i cant find any info. i have never heard of Obligation date before. i have searched google too and nothing. anyone know what this means? what are these dates? i have already entered my service dates and this is the next tab. 

thanks for any info

image.thumb.png.280175e817d9e7453370768b704c023d.png

• HadIt.com Elder

I think or recall they sent me a Letter DOD did back then letting me know I was in inactive reserves for the next 3 years.  in case another conflict or a War  they could call me up at any time during these three years....well 4 more years  1975 Vietnam Conflict come to an End...then I guess the next conflict was 1990...Desert Storm OFFICALLY started   under President George H Bush

7 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I think or recall they sent me a Letter DOD did back then letting me know I was in inactive reserves for the next 3 years.  in case another conflict or a War  they could call me up at any time during these three years....well 4 more years  1975 Vietnam Conflict come to an End...then I guess the next conflict was 1990...Desert Storm OFFICALLY started   under President George H Bush

oh yeah. i was in 6 years with 2 inactive reserves. wonder why they need that for claim. i dont ever remember putting that info for previous claims

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@blahsaysme2u If you were submitting something using the online web forms, then that would make sense. It may have detected those fields were not populated in the system and prompted you. It's probably for the IRR dates, which you might find on your DD-214 or some of the paperwork that came along with it.

I checked my profile on VA.gov and found two terms of service in reverse chronological order. However, it didn't describe the details about it. It just said Army (start date) - (end date) for both.

• HadIt.com Elder

Vync  yes the DD 214 Should have the veterans dates of service  from---to..years and total years actively served.

I don't remember seeing this kind if thing that  blahsaysme2u  has been sent? or has in his claim status?

I did my last claims in 2014 on ebenefits  electronically   I don't recall them having that on the form so it must be something new?

But like broncovet mention unless you were N.G .  or Active Reserves (weekend warriors )   then it probably don't pertain to you?

I know and remember after Basic training some of us went on to infantry school or AIT to learn a skill like mechanic  or a cook or whatever  but the ones in N.G. got to go home....I don't recall them training the N.G. After Basic .

they do that on weekend Drills..Had a Brother-in-law that was N.G.  But he recieved a monthly check for the time he was Active N.G. it was less than being paid active duty...because he was always trying to barrow money off me.   uh!!..I was long gone from the Army this was mid 80's

• HadIt.com Elder

Might want to attach a DD 214 COPY with your claims before sending it in..just to be on the safe side.

Also the way some of damn Idiots are reviewing our claims  they might (MIGHT) got your claim mixed up with another Veteran...they do that BS all the time.