VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd And Heart Condition

Rate this question

emmak

Question

I AM S/C 50% FOR PTSD. I ALSO FILED FOR MY HEART CONDITION AS SECONDARY TO THE PTSD. I HAD TO HAVE THREE STINTS PUT INTO MY HEART AREA. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THIS MAY BE RATED? I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND THE RATING RANGE.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Boondoc

Have you been tested for DMII. High cholesterol is a sign post for DMII. Artery disease is also very closely related to DMII. Watch your fasting blood glucose levels.

Boondoc

Have you been tested for DMII. High cholesterol is a sign post for DMII. Artery disease is also very closely related to DMII. Watch your fasting blood glucose levels.

I have been planning on asking for the testing for DSMII for a long time, I stay thirsty, I feel dehydrated all of the time, but my meds may be causing that, and I have to have sweets all over the place to eat ( even in the middle of the night...)

I have been told by a doctor that it's because I quit drinking ( a fith a day or more ) and the body is used to converting the ETOH into sugar when it breaks it down, or I was told, and my body wants it...real bad sometimes...it wants Smirnoff blue lable, but that's a different story.

I do know that I have times that when I don't eat on schedule I can't think straight, not even enought to drive.

I go to the doctor this Friday for a fasting lipid pabel to see where I'm at now. The VA doctor seems to want to get it lower than Lopid has been able to. I may call and see if they will do the test for DMII if possable at the same time.

Berta, thanks for the link..I'll look into it, I would imagine it would be difficult to put the two types of diseases together.

I appreaciate the time, and effort, to list the link!

Boondoc

LeRoy is a calorie controled diabetic. He was diagonised as diabetic, went on a diet, lost weight and so far he has not had to take medication for it. It's a pretty simple to test for diabetes. A fasting blood test will tell you if you have it and how close you are to developing it.