VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Adding Diagnosis to claim

Rate this question

Marte2005

Question

I'm currently going through the MEB process for a Pulmonary embolism I had about 6 months ago. I completed my C&P exam last week.  I'm thinking I have fibromyalgia (the VA rep thinks I have it as well) and plan on going to the doctor as soon as possible to look into it.  I was wondering if I do get a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia, would I be able to add it to my claim?  I'm really new to this entire process and trying to gather as much information as possible. 

6 answers to this question

File for a new claim for Fibromyalgia.  You wont get it until/unless you have a doctors diagnosis, in service event and nexus, however.  You VSO could think you could win the lottery, too, but wait until you get the check to spend that.  Do it sooner rather than later.  If you file before Jan. 1, 2020, you will get an additional month, if awarded.  

If you are being "med boarded" and are still in the service, your effective date should be the date of exit from service, however.

Good advice from the others to file a new and separate claim for Fibro.  This will avoid confusing the VA and giving them an excuse to further confuse the issue.  Simple and straightforward separate claim will avoid some of their excuses used to deny. Good luck

I dont recommend ANYONE use an ITF.  Just file, and get your evidence when you get it.  I think Alex said the ITF no longer applies, so dont use it.  If you already used it, you might get it, but dont use it now.  

https://asknod.org/2019/02/24/ramp-screw-me-twice-shame-on-me/

While Im unable to confirm that ITF is "dead" after Feb, 2019, there is no benefit in using ITF, so why do it?  Just file.  YOU dont have to have every single piece of evidence when you file, you know VA is gonna delay your claim several months anyway, so just get the evidence as quick as you can.  

Its my opinion that ITF just "creates another glitch" in your claim.  You dont need any more glitches.  REMEMBER, "KISS"?  Well ITF is not keeping it simple.  

Edited by broncovet