VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unemployability

Rate this question

duffman88

Question

I am rated 70% PTSD and have had lots of trouble working I have had multiple jobs and can not keep any steady at all and have been unemployed for almost a year now and was told to file for IU and decided to file and did with my counties veteran services office and I am being seen by a psychiatrist and a psychologist pretty much weekly and they are trying me on so many meds that I can hardly keep track to help me sleep and my mental health and check my ebenifits and va.gov and they state it’s almost done but they never asked me for like employement records or anything I mean the person that helped me file listed my jobs on the paperwork and I was told that if they need it they would ask me for them and all my docs paperwork they already have due to me seeing docs through community care through va so what are my chances of getting it approved 

• HadIt.com Elder

I AGREE WITH Dustoff11

Only they can't hold your education agianst you if you can't do the work you were train to do  due to your service connected disability. you can have a Master Degree and still get IU

EDUCATION AND AGE THEY CAN'T USE TO DENY IU

I would go on to say if your in Voc Rehab and your counselor can't find you anything you can do (job and keep it)   then ask your Voc Rehab counselor if he would write you a letter stating that you can't work due to your service connected disability  or work that you was train to do.

he can go on in his letter and say things like ''its not feasible to retrain this veteran at this time due to his service connected disability.

This type letter is Gold in getting you approved for the IU.

• HadIt.com Elder

duffman88

Is your VSO Working for your best interest  or the VA's?

I apologize I thought you were in Voc Rehab at this time?

sorry.

Well she fought for me after they denied my disability claim the first time to get it to 70 percent so I feel like she is helping me and has me in her best interest and yea I am not in voc rehab I have been seeing a therapist for a year now and hasn’t really gotten much better and my vso told me to focus on getting my head right before voc rehab 

At this stage of your claim she is probably right in your avoiding the vocab people for now, however, this is an option for you to keep in mind after you are rated as I was at the then level of 50% PTSD that I held for a year or so before seeing the VA vocab folks.  They can approve you for any type of technical, college or vocational training for hundreds of job descriptions.  For example after I received my accounting degree I was offered a job thru VA vocab to work as an entry level auditor of the USAF at Randolph AFB in San Antonio, TX. in 1990 or 91.