• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Not able to log into Ebenefits

Question

I haven't been able to log into my ebenefits account for the last month. I called someone and they said my first name wasn't in there and my last name was spelled differently. How could this happen? i've been logging into there for over a year. they said to fax a cover sheet to some place and they would cal me. I faxed the information to the number I was given but haven't heard back yet.

anyone know a number I can call to talk with a person to get this fixed? I would really like to get this fixed and cannot understand how my information could have been changed.

Anyone else ever had this happen to them?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Also had this same issue as with logging into here. So I downloaded Microsoft edge browser no more Internet explorer been having issues with it this past month. And my problems were solved. Give it a

Ronc531 This is a good example of the inaccuracies and inconsistencies of ebenefits. Call Peggy again and ask for it to be corrected. You can also go to VA.gov and under "contact us" try there. Also s

Have you tried call the tech support line? https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/contact  They may be able to help. Technical Issues, such as password changes or error codes 1-800-983-0937

Ronc531 This is a good example of the inaccuracies and inconsistencies of ebenefits. Call Peggy again and ask for it to be corrected. You can also go to VA.gov and under "contact us" try there. Also scout around in ebenefits and see if your profile/personal info has been compromised somehow and try to correct. 

• Like 1

Great question.  Before you begin a fight with VA, try this:

CLEAR YOUR COOKIES.  Delete everything.  Why?  Well, maybe, just maybe you had a typo in the past and it got saved on your computer.  So, when ever you start typing, it puts in the incorrect verstion because of "auto fill in".  That has happened to me with other things. 

Ok, now lets say what I posted, above, isnt the problem and you cleaned up your computer cookies and auto fill in and its still the same problem.  (If you try to log in on a different computer and it works, then you know what I posted above is the problem).  

Here is where to start fixing it:

1.  Try your VAMC libriarian.  Yes.  That was the person who authenticated my ebenefits premium account which had to be "in person" authentication.  

2.  If that doesnt work, try emailing IRIS and tell them of your problem. 

3.  If that doesnt work, contact the white house hotline.  

4.  You may get some help from your VSO, but dont count on that!!!

If your VSO is a computer nerd then this may work.  You really need an advocate WHO IS A NERD or knows a nerd.  Im "sort of" a nerd, but not a full fledged nerd.  My oldest son, however, is a NERD.  He is a computer programmer for Android (Android developer).  He does not know the difference between a 9/16 box end wrench and a "box" of wrenches.  

Edited by broncovet

Have you tried call the tech support line? https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/contact  They may be able to help.

Technical Issues, such as password changes or error codes

1-800-983-0937

Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm ET

• Like 1

Also had this same issue as with logging into here. So I downloaded Microsoft edge browser no more Internet explorer been having issues with it this past month. And my problems were solved. Give it a try

• Like 2

Sometimes important information gets misaligned.  I had this happen to my deers information, my birthdate changed somehow.  I had to go to a deers office to change it back with a birth certificate in tow.  Remember computers are run by people and people make mistakes.