VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not able to log into Ebenefits

Rate this question

Ronc531

Question

I haven't been able to log into my ebenefits account for the last month. I called someone and they said my first name wasn't in there and my last name was spelled differently. How could this happen? i've been logging into there for over a year. they said to fax a cover sheet to some place and they would cal me. I faxed the information to the number I was given but haven't heard back yet.

anyone know a number I can call to talk with a person to get this fixed? I would really like to get this fixed and cannot understand how my information could have been changed.

Anyone else ever had this happen to them?

• HadIt.com Elder

Ronc531 This is a good example of the inaccuracies and inconsistencies of ebenefits. Call Peggy again and ask for it to be corrected. You can also go to VA.gov and under "contact us" try there. Also scout around in ebenefits and see if your profile/personal info has been compromised somehow and try to correct. 

Great question.  Before you begin a fight with VA, try this:

CLEAR YOUR COOKIES.  Delete everything.  Why?  Well, maybe, just maybe you had a typo in the past and it got saved on your computer.  So, when ever you start typing, it puts in the incorrect verstion because of "auto fill in".  That has happened to me with other things. 

Ok, now lets say what I posted, above, isnt the problem and you cleaned up your computer cookies and auto fill in and its still the same problem.  (If you try to log in on a different computer and it works, then you know what I posted above is the problem).  

Here is where to start fixing it:

1.  Try your VAMC libriarian.  Yes.  That was the person who authenticated my ebenefits premium account which had to be "in person" authentication.  

2.  If that doesnt work, try emailing IRIS and tell them of your problem. 

3.  If that doesnt work, contact the white house hotline.  

4.  You may get some help from your VSO, but dont count on that!!!

If your VSO is a computer nerd then this may work.  You really need an advocate WHO IS A NERD or knows a nerd.  Im "sort of" a nerd, but not a full fledged nerd.  My oldest son, however, is a NERD.  He is a computer programmer for Android (Android developer).  He does not know the difference between a 9/16 box end wrench and a "box" of wrenches.  

Edited by broncovet

Have you tried call the tech support line? https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/contact  They may be able to help.

Technical Issues, such as password changes or error codes

1-800-983-0937

Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm ET

Also had this same issue as with logging into here. So I downloaded Microsoft edge browser no more Internet explorer been having issues with it this past month. And my problems were solved. Give it a try

Sometimes important information gets misaligned.  I had this happen to my deers information, my birthdate changed somehow.  I had to go to a deers office to change it back with a birth certificate in tow.  Remember computers are run by people and people make mistakes.  

On 12/30/2019 at 4:25 AM, broncovet said:

Great question.  Before you begin a fight with VA, try this:

CLEAR YOUR COOKIES.  Delete everything.  Why?  Well, maybe, just maybe you had a typo in the past and it got saved on your computer.  So, when ever you start typing, it puts in the incorrect verstion because of "auto fill in".  That has happened to me with other things. 

Ok, now lets say what I posted, above, isnt the problem and you cleaned up your computer cookies and auto fill in and its still the same problem.  (If you try to log in on a different computer and it works, then you know what I posted above is the problem).  

Here is where to start fixing it:

1.  Try your VAMC libriarian.  Yes.  That was the person who authenticated my ebenefits premium account which had to be "in person" authentication.  

2.  If that doesnt work, try emailing IRIS and tell them of your problem. 

3.  If that doesnt work, contact the white house hotline.  

4.  You may get some help from your VSO, but dont count on that!!!

If your VSO is a computer nerd then this may work.  You really need an advocate WHO IS A NERD or knows a nerd.  Im "sort of" a nerd, but not a full fledged nerd.  My oldest son, however, is a NERD.  He is a computer programmer for Android (Android developer).  He does not know the difference between a 9/16 box end wrench and a "box" of wrenches.  

Thanks, I will look into your suggestions.