VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Did not recieve 12/29/19 va benefits direct deposit

Rate this question

Debbiecakes

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

51 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

Did you change your direct deposit to another bank?  If not I would go on ebenefits and make sure you information is correct.  Then I would call the 800 number today and find out what is going on.  

^^^THIS

make sure in ebenefits that you are still you, for safety. I know va does them in batches and the fed (ach clearinghouse) processes in batches. it could be that yours got caught up somewhere because of New Year’s Day being weekday. 

payment date for this year was dec 31, not 29. 

Yes, check what Shrek said.  Your deposit information can be changed by you, or by a hacker.  Let's hope its not the later.  

Also:

Call your bank.  Some banks are slower than others, and dont necessarily pass on those direct deposits the second they get them from the UST.  There are reasons for this and its pretty much about the banks policies.   In short, the bank can get interest on this money, so there is a tradeoff between keeping you happy and earning more money.  Guess which usually wins with those TBTF (Too big to fail banks).  

If you dont have it by now, call the white house hotline.  Someone said that they had good luck using the ebenefits tech support phone number, and you can certainly try that.  

This happened to someone about a year or so ago, but I dont think they posted how they resolved it.  Do try a "hadit search" tho, as they may have posted the same.  

By the way, this is the number one reason why I got rid of Microsoft Windows, and installed Linux:   Microsoft Windows is a Lithuanian term for 

"hack me".  There are tens of thousands of virus, malware, root kits, keyloggers, that infect exclusively Windows and not other operating systems (mainly apple and Linux).  

I just read Microsoft "no longer supports" Windows 7.  What does this mean?  It means, if you have Windows 7 or older (Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows Vista, etc)   It means you put a sign in your front yard:  My name is _____

My social security number is _______.  My password is   _______.   I store my money, in cash, under my bed.  My house is unlocked and so is my computer.  The police are off duty on this street during the hours  10 pm to 8 am.  Please dont steal "too much" of my money.  

Edited by broncovet