VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

So it seems you must use a form to initiate a CUE

Rate this question

ROMAD

Question

I called the 800 number today to ask about the status of my CUE submission. I spoke with Gayle and she told me unless I submit a form the letter I wrote would just sit in my file with no action. She told me to submit a 21-4138 "Statement in Support of Claim" and reference the documents I sent in for the CUE. So she did say the letter I sent was in my file, and confirmed they received it, but she explained that many Vets will send in documents they want in their file, but if you do not submit a form there will be no action. Does that sound right??? I know I looked all over the forum to see if there was a standard form and did not see any suggestions for a particular form. So is this a new procedure, or did I miss where someone posted the Form for submitting a CUE. So I guess I am heading to the regional office tomorrow to submit a form. LOL

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@jacobbree123 I took a similar approach by faxing and shipping a copy by certified/return receipt mail. After being previously burned by the "right form" garbage, I sent mine in as a new claim, HLR, NOD, and also as a separate submission referencing evidence in record at the time. My CUE even got held up for a week because someone at the VA wasn't sure if I needed to submit it on the "right form". I sent them links from M21-1 showing them that currently there is no requirement for them to be submitted on a specific form. The VA is considering making an official form to prevent all this unnecessary confusion.

How long ago did you submit your CUE?

Mine was received on Sep 23 2019 and this week it finally reached the notification phase, per va.gov.