VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dbq and nexus letter

Rate this question

Mantana

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well it depends on who fills out the DBQ ?  same for the nexus opinion.

it can't come from the Veteran himself but   it needs to come from a qualified Dr.

Then it makes a significant impact on the desired outcome of a claim

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

Well it depends on who fills out the DBQ ?  same for the nexus opinion.

it can't come from the Veteran himself but   it needs to come from a qualified Dr.

Then it makes a significant impact on the desired outcome of a claim

Definitively is a qualified physician. I just wonder if the VA c and p renders a contradicting opinion, will the rater use my physicians opinion still when making a decision?

If the tie goes to the veteran then why aren't all veterans submitting nexus letters???

• HadIt.com Elder

The  C&P Examiner is there to look at and read your medical records and render his/her medical opinion about your condition your claiming...you won't know what all he mention in his C&P Report until After the C&P Exam

you have to wait for this report.  Could be 3 or 4 days or 2 or 3 weeks depending if your C&P is/was Contracted out to  a private medical provider   such as QTC.and other VA Contractors.

If VA Did your exam by VA Dr's  then usually 3 or 4 days you can get the report

Most Veterans I know have submitted Nexus letters...its just sometimes the C&P Examiner won't read all of our medical records and a nexus is part of our medical records    no matter what happens with your C&P Exam  if you get a bad  examiner or an examiner not qualified  you can ask for another C&P Exam based on these reasons   but most of the time We ALL have to wait on the C&P Results  and they will be in the examiner report. 

When the C&P Examiner finishes his/her report  they send it in to the VA.

Rather or not the examiner is a VA Dr or a Contracted out Dr.

I submitted 2 IMOs  from the outside. Three specialized VA MDs hundreds of article and decisions.  The P.A.  C&P stated not as likely.  Denied everything at the raters level.  Awarded 100% at the DRO hearing.

Buck is 100% on asking for another exam based on your reasons whatever they may be.  I asked the examiner if he was familiar with my condition — he said NO!

Edited by ruby
Added

If you have a DBQ and/or Nexus letter from a qualified medical professional the VA cannot excluded it without a proper explanation.  This explanation must be based off of a valid medical opinion. 

I've had VA rater deny my claims based on VA NP opinion vs. my outside MD's opinion.  Got denied HLR too.  The MD I used is very familiar with VA nexus letter and terminology (Dr. Ellis).  So you know he know's the VA verbiage.  The evidence was there, the in service incident was there, his diagnosis linking it to the in service incident was there.  I told this info. to the HLR guy on the phone call.  So I guess I'll go the appeal route if I need too. I'm 100%, so I may not pursue it at the moment.   What a crock.