VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Results

Rate this question

SpaceAce54

Question

I just viewed my C&P results for CAD/IHD secondary to DMII on blue button after waiting the now required 30 days, I think they were positive for the most part.

The examiner stated it was more likely than not 50% or more related to DMII.

Items of issue are in ref. to MET rating of 5-7 and in ref. to scar from surgery I told the examiner it was still painful but he marked on the DBQ no pain.

Do I just wait for the rating and file an NOD or is there something I should do ahead of receiving a decision, I have an appointment with my cardiologist this month an plan on asking him what my MET is.

Any and all info is appreciated.

• Lead Moderator
6 hours ago, ruby said:

Look up painful scars and see what the rating might be.  Scars are difficult because they require to be a large surface.  If you think it’s worth the percentage I would write a request for a new c &p due to the the fact the examiner wrote no pain when you specifically stated it was painful.  I would also do what Shrek said see the Chief in charge of C&Ps first.

But it may not be worth doing anything.

This is true, but there is another area to look at for scars.  Are they painful?  Are they unstable?  Meaning do they leak or keep scabbing over and never fully healing?   This can go up to 40% depending on how many.

Hello All 

I would like to thank everyone over the last several years for the information I received an the encouragement to move forward with my claims.

I just reviewed ebenefits this morning and was awarded 60% for CAD, this will put me at 100% P&T Scheduler. I still have a few claims pending BVA review.

I wish everyone here good luck with your claims and keep fighting to get want you've earned, I know most of us would rather not have the health issues.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats Space Ace54! Great news, thanks for sharing. It is always good that veterans come back and let everyone know about the good news for you. By the way, when you get your back pay, if you can, remember that a donation would also help Hadit stay on line and continue to help others. Again, congrats!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!