VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BWN interactive map

Rate this question

GBArmy

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Here is the software tool that the VA has developed to determine if a navy ship was within 12 nautical miles of Vietnam.  https://connectingvets.radio.com/articles/interactive-map-of-blue-water-navy-vietnam-ships-help-vets

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Thanks a lot! I posted a link to this in the AO forum some time ago but yours might work better!!!!

The news of BWN AO is slowly moving around the net news sites-and that VA is working on those claims already.

• HadIt.com Elder

I hope it works well for a lot of Navy guys. It was developed  to HELP the Navy veterans show they were within the 12 miles, but it is not the only way to prove where you were. Unfortunately, I think the VA  will be using it as the reason to deny if it wasn't listed. It is give and take, It will make it easier for some, and so,  more may file for what they deserve. But if the info wasn't inputed correctly, it will be used to deny when that isn't the purpose for the software. IMO

Many BWN vets ( or their survivors) can check the most recent BWN AO ships list,to   see if their ship was exposed to AO before they were on it.( in the AO forum-October 2019)

Also many BWN vets can prove their exposure with their deck logs.

This whole situation ticks me off, as to the lack of real national news on the BWN AO issue.

If a BWN vet does not use a PC ( and they would have to search for Blue Water Navy AO) but why would they, if they have not heard of the new regulations, and if they do not learn of this from other vets , and since it really hasn't been on TV or in the nationale newspapers, they do not know what they need - such as their deck logs, unless they have them. If they find out today, for example, how log will it take for them to get their deck logs?

VA claims they have gone through past BWN decisions to see if any of them were denied for what is now an AO

comp claim, due to the regulations, to contact them.The VA said they did that in 2010 when the new Nehmer came out- but they probably missed many vets and their survivors.

I have seen estimates of between 70,000 to 130,000 potential BVN vets ( and maybe that high amount includes their survivors) affected by the new BWN AO regulations.