VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

timeframe after c&p exam

Rate this question

Zmudy.P

Question

In my 9th year of this long wait...BVA denied 2years ago, only for CAVC to remand back.  BVA remanded for new c&p because BVA didnt feel the opinion of outside PTSD dr was enough to grant service connection for ptsd.

december 13th 2019 had c&p exam and their Doctor found that my PTSD was indeed Service connected. 

My questions are, 

1} Can they still deny the SC?

2} will this be another long process?

Any reply in this regard is appreciated

3 answers to this question

Yes the RO can deny you still, finding fault with the doctor's reasons and basis.  Hopefully they will not do this at this point.  If you have been to the CAV and BVA and it is again being redone it should be done right.  If your doctor states SC PTSD and gives a nexus you should be good.  As far as how long it should be done pretty quickly compared to how long you took to get here.  The cases remanded from CAV and BVA are supposed to be handled expeditiously.  We never know how the VA is feeling on any given day.  

Thanks vetquest. I also hope they dont request another exam. If 2 isnt enough, I dont know what else they could be lookin  for.

Bad enough this is a reopened claim from 1985,  They granted the right to reopen...Now that its been C&P 100% approved by their doctor, would they go back to 1985 or the date they approved reopening?  2010

I would believe that they would go back to 1985 since that was the date that it was reopened for.  Never put it past the VA to go for the date of the C&P or the date it was remanded.  If they do this file for an EED and take it to the BVA if necessary, the RO does not like to give that much away on their own.  Right now we will not worry about that phase though.  Let's hope they go to the date of the reopen.