VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating control?

Rate this question

Mantana

Question

I filed my claim in July, in December I received service connection for some of it and the rest was not rated nor was a decision made. I sent a 21-4138 in explaining I never received a decision. Now my claim was reopened as "Rating control."

Can someone shed some light on what this means. Is it s good thing?

Edited by Mantana

If This was an error as it was in my case be damn sure it’s a cue claim so they can see oo shit we made a mistake...

On 1/15/2020 at 1:55 PM, Mantana said:

I filed my claim in July, in December I received service connection for some of it and the rest was not rated nor was a decision made. I sent a 21-4138 in explaining I never received a decision. Now my claim was reopened as "Rating control."

Can someone shed some light on what this means. Is it s good thing?

Are you using Ebenefits to monitor your clams and there progress? I went there all the time to see what was going on. it was a lot faster then waiting to hear from them by mail. it will tell you if they need more information and let you submit it online. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Ronc531 You are right about going to ebenefits to see what your status is; it is a tool that many of us use as a source of information. However, it is at times very inaccurate in showing where your claim is or actually  can show incorrect status. That is why we say so often you have to wait to see your actual situation in writing in your decision letter. You may not have personally experienced what I am saying, but the longer you are on this VA disability hampster wheel, the more likely that you will see how inaccurate they can be. IMO.

16 hours ago, Dustoff 11 said:

You may receive more clarification by calling the help line known as peggy at 1 827 1000 and they can do an IRIS inquiry for you and sometimes receive an immediate answer or in one weeks time as with me when the unreliable EBenefits website showed my appeal as closed and this was corrected within 7 days.  Or you may contact a VSO or VSR at a VA regional office by phone or in person and they may be able to help.  I also sent a very short inquiry letter to nearest VA regional office and also the Intake Center at Janesville, WI.  All this was done at same time.

This may be nothing more than an administrative procedure as Vync said but you are wise to stay on top of this.

My info is not legal advice as I am not an attorney, paralegal or VSO

I did speak with the 1800 as well as my VSO. Claim is listed as rating control. I found Info!!!! And GOOD info. Read the following..... I underlined the important part

"Missed issues or prematurely cleared EPs - select one of the following claim labels

Non-Rating Control

Rating Control

PMC - Non-Rating Control

PMC - Rating Control, or

PMC - DIC Rvw/Ref/Other

Actions to take for missed issues or prematurely cleared EPs only:

If a new claim is received while an EP 930 is pending, process the claim under the pending EP 930, if the contention matches that of the pending EP 930.  

If the contention does not match that of the EP 930

control the new claim under the appropriate rating or non-rating EP

merge the EP 930 contention(s) with the new EP, if the claim type matches (rating vs. non-rating)

add a note in VBMS explaining the reason for the merge

cancel the EP 930, and

process the claim, with the missed issue(s), under the newly-established rating or non-rating EP.

If the new claim is for a different claim type (rating vs. non-rating) than that of the EP 930

control the new claim under the appropriate rating or non-rating EP, and

keep the EP 930 pending for completion of the missed issue or prematurely-cleared EP.

correction of previous erroneous actions (other than those applicable to EP 960) - select one of the following claim labels

Correction of Local Quality Error

Correction of National Quality Error

PMC - Correction of Local Quality Error

PMC - Correction of National Quality Error

Appeals Control

Actions to take for correction of an error only:

If a new claim is received while an EP 930 is pending for correction, process the claim under the pending EP 930, if the new claim is for the same contention as that of the EP 930.  

If the new claim is for a different contention or claim type (rating vs. non-rating)

establish the appropriate rating or non-rating EP, and

leave the EP 930 pending for correction of the error."

I filed a new claim contention yesterday, and since it is a rating claim, according to this VA file, they will connect the two together and process like a normal claim. No appeal needed.