VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA requesting a second C&p same condition?

Rate this question

glashutte

Question

Hello,

I have had my C&p exam with VES back in November. 
Now I received a call from QTC another third party examiner saying that the VA sent then a packet requesting exams on 4 of the conditions that I already did back in November. During the November VES exam there were more than 4 conditions. 

what gives? Why are they requesting it again?

I recently found my active duty medical record along with civilian medical record that goes over these conditions. I want to submit these and just tell the VA to review my file without this extra exam for 4 conditions. What do you think? 

Well they either didn't get it complete the first time or they found something under duty to assist and want to rexamine. Either way it's more to your benefit go. If they request a c&p and you don't it can be grounds for a denial. 

There are some possibilities.  

First, maybe the exams were "inadequate".  The VA sometimes asks questions the examiner is supposed to answer, and they dont always answer those.  Example:  (hypothetical only).  What is the etiology?  

Its also possible the VA was supposed to adminter a test, such as a goinometer, but did not.  

An exam is only good for a specified period of time, and they become stale.  

I dont know if they will send "your entire claim" or just the conditions you declined to go.   Likely, just the conditions you declined to go, however.  I agree with glashutte, dont try to figure out why, just go.  

Sometimes we frustrate ourselves by asking "why", when it does not matter.  

As Brokensolider stated, if you miss the examination you will most likely be denied for that condition.  If you have any medical evidence file it with the VA but also make copies and take that to your examination.  Some examiners will not accept records but some will.  It ensures that the examiner sees your medical records without having to look through your C-file and miss important facts.  Sometimes the VA does things in redundancy and it is frustrating but we have to play by their rules.  As for the claimed injuries that the VA has not requested a C&P for; the VA does not always do a C&P when they believe they have enough information to decide the claim.  Check your decision and make sure that they rated these injuries and have not done a silent denial.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Here's the link to M21-1 (VA's manual) describing examination reports. It indicates how they go about requesting, reviewing, and handling reports deemed insufficient for rating purposes. It is a good glimpse behind the scenes of how they do it.

https://www.knowva.ebenefits.va.gov/system/templates/selfservice/va_ssnew/help/customer/locale/en-US/portal/554400000001018/content/554400000015812/M21-1-Part-III-Subpart-iv-Chapter-3-Section-D-Examination-Reports?query=examination

2 hours ago, broncovet said:

There are some possibilities.  

First, maybe the exams were "inadequate".  The VA sometimes asks questions the examiner is supposed to answer, and they dont always answer those.  Example:  (hypothetical only).  What is the etiology?  

Its also possible the VA was supposed to adminter a test, such as a goinometer, but did not.  

An exam is only good for a specified period of time, and they become stale.  

I dont know if they will send "your entire claim" or just the conditions you declined to go.   Likely, just the conditions you declined to go, however.  I agree with glashutte, dont try to figure out why, just go.  

Sometimes we frustrate ourselves by asking "why", when it does not matter.  

When does the C&p exams start to become stale? Mine were from July 2019, and still in review provess