VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• [[Block banner-logo-2024 is throwing an error]]
  • donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Got News... 100% Scheduler P&T SMC S

Rate this topic

armyvet05

Congratulations!   For reasons you posted, I dont tell others about my disabilities or ratings.  

If they ask, I tell them, "Good".  We can have an "income reveal party".  Just bring over your W-2's, bank statements, etc., and I will bring mine.  Then we can offer suggestions for each other to save money, cut spending, etc.  We should call each other whenever considering a large purchase (over 5.00).  

They wont bring up that topic again.   

Or, suggest we have our income's "printed on Tshirts".  

Income (i.e. disabiliity percentage) is a private thing.  VA does not make us wear tshirts that say "Im 50 percent disabled".  

One more question, I’m not covered under VGLI but have kids, would I qualify for the fee waiver? I was rated for a new SC in Sept. 2019 but also, the P&T dated was then, too. 

The way I read the regs, yes I am eligible to   opt in, but the whole P&T waiver pre-dating enrollment doesn’t look likely but i see as with all VA regs, the language is ambiguous.

Any thoughts on VGLI? 

4 hours ago, broncovet said:

Congratulations!   For reasons you posted, I dont tell others about my disabilities or ratings.  

If they ask, I tell them, "Good".  We can have an "income reveal party".  Just bring over your W-2's, bank statements, etc., and I will bring mine.  Then we can offer suggestions for each other to save money, cut spending, etc.  We should call each other whenever considering a large purchase (over 5.00).  

They wont bring up that topic again.   

Or, suggest we have our income's "printed on Tshirts".  

Income (i.e. disabiliity percentage) is a private thing.  VA does not make us wear tshirts that say "Im 50 percent disabled".  

only problem is that some people figure out your pay just based on your % rating if you talk about it. i diddnt think about that till it was too late!

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use