VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Full develope Disability Claims (current stage is Evidence gathering, review and Decision)

Rate this question

Adonis Chan

Question

Hello,

My claim that I have in if for Both Sciatic right and left along with IBS as a secondary claim, I am currently rated 80%.  As of today how long does the claim usually take from  Evidence gathering, review and Decision stage?

And this claim was submitted as a fully develop claim with DBQ and all... I hope to hear from the forum soon.,

2 answers to this question

• Lead Moderator

So this will totally depend on if the RO feel they have all the evidence to make a decision.  It is very likely they will want a new C&P.  I think right now based on a FDC they show on their site under 124 days.  Now this is depended on many things, so It could take less or it could take much longer.  I think my first FDC took almost a year.  Lately it seems they are speeding the process up a lot.  

There is no way to really tell, but this will give some sort of range.

• HadIt.com Elder

Adonis Chan Shrek is right on, it is dependent upon a lot of different things. Under the new law, we are seeing better turn arounds on time than we used to because the VA has some metrics they are trying to achieve. 125 days give or take is about what they are doing on AVERAGE. You probably will need to do another C&P with a VA doc (or contractor). If your doc's dbq has a finding that they don't, they have to address that in your decision, which could possibly result in more testing if they didn't catch it the first time. Check on ebenefits once in a while but just try and chill out , really. You can't make the process go any faster unless they ask you for something (like another exam.) It will go pretty quickly if you don't check on it every day. Good luck.