VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ERROR for filing new Claims?

Rate this question

blahsaysme2u

Question

not really ebennies anymore but VA.gov

i am trying to file new claims through the site. i guess i could have gone to my VSO to file the claims but i had all the paper work needed for my claim and just wanted to get it done.

so long story went through the system and went to submit a claim and got this:

We’re sorry. Some information in your application is missing or not valid.

Please check each section of your application to make sure you’ve filled out all the information that is required.

anyone know what this means? there is nothing to indicate what i am missing or what is "not valid" when i go back through all the questions. i am lost. HELP!!!

You have to love those error messages that tell you where your error is and how to fix it.  Without looking at your application we cannot help much.  Go through the document again and look to see if any of the required information is missing.  It is tedious and time consuming but it is the only way to do it.

yeah i have gone back through each question numerous times. this is soooo frustrating. and of course i cant call anyone till tomorrow about it. another delay. could have had this finished last week but kept getting this error and have been trying to figure it out without calling them. i should have just called right away. anyone know if they can see my pending claim application information and help me finish it?

thanks

I don't believe they can see claims you have started, only ones that have been submitted. Vetquest is correct, without seeing your screens we cannot tell you where the possible error is. As much as I know you won't like this answer, I would suggest you go back through and make sure there are no boxes that need a response even a if it is a "N/A". Sometimes boxes need something even when we are not needing them.

I prefer filing online because it is much faster and usually easier to file, but when something goes wrong it can be a pain to fix it.

Are you able to just start a new claim? It might be the easiest way to fix the problem. Good luck!

Shrek the last time I started a claim it was on VA.gov.

i have gone through it so many times. i dont have any N/A or empty boxes or anything...its driving me crzy. this is with VA.gov.i dont think bennies is used for filing claims anymore