VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ERROR for filing new Claims?

Rate this question

blahsaysme2u

Question

not really ebennies anymore but VA.gov

i am trying to file new claims through the site. i guess i could have gone to my VSO to file the claims but i had all the paper work needed for my claim and just wanted to get it done.

so long story went through the system and went to submit a claim and got this:

We’re sorry. Some information in your application is missing or not valid.

Please check each section of your application to make sure you’ve filled out all the information that is required.

anyone know what this means? there is nothing to indicate what i am missing or what is "not valid" when i go back through all the questions. i am lost. HELP!!!

ill double check that. so frustrating. be nice if they have my service dates then they would just auto fill that info so i dont have to put it in. removing "ifs" doesnt seem to be the VA best skill

btw i just figured out (after serachi ng the forums here) who Peggy is and i am going to see if she can figure it out on my lunch if my service dates is not the problem. thanks for all your help

update on this bull!

so peggy says they arent able to see pending applications on VA.gov. said if i am getting error i need to talk to tech support(even though the error is because i am missing information and seems to be a legit error. not just becuase the website is glitching) 

so peggy transfers me to peggy#2 in tech support. oh wait this is tech support for ebennies- not VA.gov. there is not any tech support for VA.gov only for ebennies. if you are getting an error or you cant submit your claim on VA.gov you should use alternative means. which means i have to print all this crap out(like hundreds of pages of documents that i have uploaded to my claim) and either fax it or mail it in or hand deliver to Regional office. or i can go back to my VSO and get them to try and submit it for me. i waisted so much time on this stupid website thinking it would be quicker(i used ebennies in the past to file claims and never had a problem) they have no tech suuport for the VA.gov so no way to track how many others are having the same problems(google took me to lots of redit and other forums with posts of peeps saying they getting the same errors) 

so done with this crap!

blahsaysme2u, did you ever get your pending application error resolved? I filed a complaint with the OIG and Section 508 board. "The Department of Veterans Affairs is in violation of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 USC § 794d)." I actually had a teleconference with the folks behind the programing on va.gov. In my case, the application process was being held up because the system was erroring out because it was trying to add Army Reserve dates, and I've never been in the Army Reserves.

Anyway, during the call we found the bug and the folks who do the programming, fixed the error. 

1718709285_vetsgovScreenShot.jpg.fec8464919bec80fee23427557fd6d70.jpg

Edited by Jamezam
wrong website name

1 minute ago, arizonavet85 said:

I had checked the outage calendar a few days ago when ds logon was down and this was planned for yesterday and today. No new claims, dependents, and one more thing could not be done. 

This original post was in January 2020. And, in reference to the va.gov website not eBenefits. They (VA) have planned outages every weekend. I was following up with the OP to see if he/she was able to submit her claim...