VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Combined Claim and no contact

Rate this question

Ranmic

Question

I posted the below question in another section and then thought I should have put it here so I apologize for the double post.

I have a combined claim in right now and I just had a C&P exam for one of the conditions recently so I KINDA thought I'd be getting one for my second claimed condition soon.  But today I noticed that my claim on the VA site says "your claim moved to preparation for notification".  Any idea why i never heard anything about my second claimed condition?  I thought I'd definitely get a C&P for that one because of the supporting documentation I submitted but so far have not.  Guessing the obvious would be that they didn't see enough evidence to warrant a C&P exam...or is it possible they had enough evidence and decided not to have me go have a C&P exam?

4 answers to this question

Shrek is on a roll.  C and P exams are at the VA's discretion.  You may already have all the evidence, OR, on the reverse side, a C and P wont be ordered "if there is no chance of substantiated your benefit claim".  Example:  You apply for benefits and you have no documentation of an in service event.  A C and P exam wont fix this, so your claim will be denied without a c and p exam.  

I wanted to post a followup to my original post.  I never did get a C&P for my condition that I actually thought I would.  Turns out that one was denied but it also turns out that I got a nice surprise.  I filled a claim for both knees and my eyes (glaucoma) and was pretty sure the glaucoma claim would be favored because of the amount of documentation I have on it.  My knees had very little and as a matter of fact the rep I spoke with early on said that one would more than likely get denied due to lack of evidence.  Fast forward, I got denied for glaucoma and a Service Connected for both knees that I didn't think had a chance.  Funny how that works.

Thank you all for your help and guidance over the past months and answering all my questions.

On 1/20/2020 at 8:24 AM, broncovet said:

Shrek is on a roll.  C and P exams are at the VA's discretion.  You may already have all the evidence, OR, on the reverse side, a C and P wont be ordered "if there is no chance of substantiated your benefit claim".  Example:  You apply for benefits and you have no documentation of an in service event.  A C and P exam wont fix this, so your claim will be denied without a c and p exam.  

Had this happen, even with evidence of in service event and treatment for all of 2016 -- still came back denied, and with no C&P either. --Now I'm armed with all caluza elements, and going in this week for DBQ's! That'll show 'em.