VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation for Decision

Rate this question

wja5856

Question

My claim just moved to preparation for decision on January 17, 2020, after 15 months of reviewing and gathering of evidence. Am I getting close to having a decision made? If so, how long should I expect to be in this stage? My estimated completion date is April 8, 2020. Is this a realistic timeline? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. 

4 answers to this question

The only way to know for sure is to wait until April 8, and see if it arrives by or before then.  

Ebenefits and VA.gov are notoriously unreliable.  However, the "letters" section in ebenefits is pretty good.  Did you look there and see what your "letter says"?  It may give advance notice.  

Edited by broncovet

Broncovet. Thank you for the response. I figured that Va.gov and Ebenefits was not very reliable, when most of the time, I cannot even sign in to the websites. I have not looked under the letter generator section, however, I will check now and see if anything has been uploaded.

Good answer by broncovet.  The question we can never answer is "when?".  Some lucky people get approved the first time out within months and others spend ten years or more at the BVA and CAVC.

Edited by vetquest