VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Granted and Denied????

Rate this question

LauraB

Question

Can someone please explain to me what exactly this means? When I first read it I was super happy because I read GRANTED, then right after DENIED.... What does new ad material evidence to reopen claim even mean? Please help!!!!

The Board made a decision on your appeal

The Board of Veterans’ Appeals sent you a decision on your appeal. Here’s an overview:

Granted

The judge granted the following issue:

• New and material evidence to reopen claim for service connection, Limitation of leg motion (flexion)

If this decision changes your disability rating or your eligibility for VA benefits, you should see this change made in 1 to 2 months.

Denied

The judge denied the following issue:

• Service connection, Limitation of leg motion (flexion)

• HadIt.com Elder

LauraB I agree with Oceanbound. It is pretty much good news for you. The BVA wants the VA to gather more evidence of your symptoms by way of a (new) C&P exam. Please be sure that you attend (you might be excused if Ca. has another earthquake, but other than that, be sure you go!)

I just spoke to my Rep at the DAV. He said that they denied it because the C&P exam docs had a stronger case than the 2 letters from my personal doctors. This makes my blood boil! Im not going to give up, I feel very strong about my case and don't want to just give up. I guess I need to look into appealing this and hiring a VA lawyer..

Laura:   What it "means" is that ebenefits and va.gov are unreliable, and you will have to wait for the envelope to find out.  Many of us simply dont want to speculate on what ebenefits means, because its anybodys guess.  

Its like asking your 8 year old neighbor girl what it means.  She MIGHT get it right, but the chances are not good.  

Ebenefits/va.gov are notoriously unreliable, inaccurate and not up to date.  

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

LauraB That's the spirit! Don't give up. If you believe you are right, strengthen your evidence and resubmit. Wait for the decision letter to see what the reasons are. If you need help, get more evidence  thru a IMO form a expert doctor who understands what the VA process is; or a lawyer if it is a legal issue. But keep at it. You don't lose until you quit trying!

33 minutes ago, broncovet said:

Laura:   What it "means" is that ebenefits and va.gov are unreliable, and you will have to wait for the envelope to find out.  Many of us simply dont want to speculate on what ebenefits means, because its anybodys guess.  

Its like asking your 8 year old neighbor girl what it means.  She MIGHT get it right, but the chances are not good.  

Ebenefits/va.gov are notoriously unreliable, inaccurate and not up to date.  

Thank you...I will see what the letter says, my DAV rep read it to me and is sending me an extra copy.