VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU

Rate this question

Frankgs

Question

Hello everyone,

Quick question. If I qualify for TDIU will the VA initiate the application process. I am asking because I just became qualified but I absolutely DO NOT want TDIU. I have to work. If I don't send in an application I won't receive it correct? Just don't want to be blindsided. Thanks for the help. God Bless

5 answers to this question

Dont send in the form and dont apply for tdiu.  If you are certain you dont want it, then you can so state, but I am not crazy about the idea of rushing into withdrawing a claim.  You see, things could change, quickly and if you are no longer able to work, due to sc conditions then you may want tdiu in the future.  In the interim, keep working while you can and you can persue other benefits unrelated to tdiu.  

Thanks Broncovet,

I have not filed for tdiu. I had a cp exam for review of tbi and the dr mentioned tdiu and quickly said "I have a job, I can work, I am not interested in tdiu."

"I just became qualified"

You may have just met the prerequisites for applying for TDUI, but that don't mean you can/will get it.

I get the TDUI forms from the VA with all of my decisions after I went over 70% a few years ago.

You don't need to do anything in my opinion,

The VA is not going to give you TDUI without you applying for it and seeing a examiner (C&P), and if they do, just tell the C&P examiner that you are working and plan to continue to work.  That should put the stamp on that,

Just sayin,

Hamslice

VA benefits or heatlh care are never mandantory for the Veteran.  You can refuse one or all of the VA benefits.  You are not even eligible until you apply.  

You are not required to release information...but if you dont, you will be denied.  

EXCEPTION:  The only time you "may" be held against your will is if there is a mental illness, you "can" be put on a 72 hour hold if the doctor feels you are a threat to yourself or others.  

Sometimes the police make that call.  If you get into some trouble doing crazy stuff, you can be admitted (against your will) for a mental health evaluation.  An example might be if you are walking down the street with no clothes on, you could be admitted for a mental health evaluation even if you refuse.    Of course, even this is a judgement call.  You could be forced to go outside without clothes in some circumstances, such as to get away from a rapist.  

But, "running around without clothes" would be a big red flag that something is very wrong, and you may have a mental illness.  (Or, had too much alcohol).  

Edited by broncovet