VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back and Forth

Rate this question

HavokDiv

Question

I had multiple claims combined into one. The one claim has been in the system for months. I had it go into "Preperation for Decision" and back into "Pending Decision approval" multiple times yesterday. After work I called my VSO and they let me know that it had been decided, 100% P&T outcome. Hooray right? Check this morning and it is back to "Prep  for Decision." Any insight is appreciated.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

@HavokDiv, checking your claims multiple times in one day is a way to frustrate and confound yourself.  Now that it is supposed to be decided give yourself a break and wait for the official decision.  Also keep a look at your bank account, no more than once a day though.

16 minutes ago, vetquest said:

@HavokDiv, checking your claims multiple times in one day is a way to frustrate and confound yourself.  Now that it is supposed to be decided give yourself a break and wait for the official decision.  Also keep a look at your bank account, no more than once a day though.

A co-worker and I make bets at work about it because there was a change. He didn't think it would go up and down repeatedly.  Very funny work joke.

I knew a guy in the lawn care business..he needed work.  Watching your lawn every 20 minutes isnt going to make it grow faster.  

For me, its a philosophical thing.   

I think there are 2 types of people:  Chickens and squirrels.

Chickens:  They wander around all day long, looking for food.  When they find some, they eat all of it right now.  "Zero" is saved for when the snow flies, and covers up the ground so seeds and insects are very, very hard to come by.    Chickens are so stupid, I think every one of them would die if the farmer didnt save up the corn and food and give it to them when it snows.  

Squirrels:  They, too, go around looking for food.  But, when they find it, they "squirrel away" several nuts..why?  Well they know winter is coming.  Squirrels survive amazingly well.  We have em around here..bunches of them.  They are smart.  Real smart.  The even rarely get ran over.  They live in the city..without any help from us.  

With people, the Chickens live "payday to payday".  When they get paid, they spend it all (often spending much of it by committing early).  (Ok, that sounds fine.  I will bring the money on payday).  

Squirrels, however, "squirrel away" some of their money so it not only last until next payday, but when there is no payday..  

I cant stand to live like a chicken.  It drives me craaaaaazy.  Most of the people I know are chickens.  "waiting on payday?"  That is what a chicken does.  

The squirrel does not wait on payday.  

Thats the main reason I dont check ebenefits 12 times a day.  That check will come when it comes.  In the mean time, I want to "do something with my life" besides "waiting on payday".  

I have many things going on which take up my time, and I really dont even have time to "wait on payday".  One of the things I do?  Well I help Vets.  I have answered about 12,000 Vets questions.  I have lots of other stuff I do, and none of it involves waiting on payday.  I figure out how to save money, not spend it on payday.  

Last week, I contacted my cell phone company because they were not giving me the military discount.  That is probably going to save me 25 bucks a month.    Now, when it snows...I will have money to buy a snowshovel.  

Edited by broncovet

56 minutes ago, broncovet said:

I knew a guy in the lawn care business..he needed work.  Watching your lawn every 20 minutes isnt going to make it grow faster.  

For me, its a philosophical thing.   

I think there are 2 types of people:  Chickens and squirrels.

Chickens:  They wander around all day long, looking for food.  When they find some, they eat all of it right now.  "Zero" is saved for when the snow flies, and covers up the ground so seeds and insects are very, very hard to come by.    Chickens are so stupid, I think every one of them would die if the farmer didnt save up the corn and food and give it to them when it snows.  

Squirrels:  They, too, go around looking for food.  But, when they find it, they "squirrel away" several nuts..why?  Well they know winter is coming.  Squirrels survive amazingly well.  We have em around here..bunches of them.  They are smart.  Real smart.  The even rarely get ran over.  They live in the city..without any help from us.  

With people, the Chickens live "payday to payday".  When they get paid, they spend it all (often spending much of it by committing early).  (Ok, that sounds fine.  I will bring the money on payday).  

Squirrels, however, "squirrel away" some of their money so it not only last until next payday, but when there is no payday..  

I cant stand to live like a chicken.  It drives me craaaaaazy.  Most of the people I know are chickens.  "waiting on payday?"  That is what a chicken does.  

The squirrel does not wait on payday.  

Thats the main reason I dont check ebenefits 12 times a day.  That check will come when it comes.  In the mean time, I want to "do something with my life" besides "waiting on payday".  

I have many things going on which take up my time, and I really dont even have time to "wait on payday".  One of the things I do?  Well I help Vets.  I have answered about 12,000 Vets questions.  I have lots of other stuff I do, and none of it involves waiting on payday.  I figure out how to save money, not spend it on payday.  

Last week, I contacted my cell phone company because they were not giving me the military discount.  That is probably going to save me 25 bucks a month.    Now, when it snows...I will have money to buy a snowshovel.  

Thanks for that. So do you have a specific answer or experience with it bouncing between the two?