VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No question just an update

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

OK, no real question here just an update of what has been going on with me.  First paranoia is a bear when your computer is hacked and your bank card stops working for no reason and you lose everything and have to start over.  Now the fun part, after denying my claim and appeal for years and then denying my CUE claim, VA has now decided that my original claim is still open and pending. This is really crazy, I really don't think they (VA) know what is going on.  My original claim is from the (NWG) NOT WELL GROUNDED ERA back in 1998. VA denied the heck out of this claim until I decided to get a lawyer and my claim went to CAVC and then remanded back to BVA and my local VARO. Of course all this has been going on for about twenty-one (21) years and hopefully I will get the correct decision and correct retro payment.

5 answers to this question

After being out of the loop I feel like a fish out of water.  Sorry if the font is large I need to see what I am writing.  I thought my head was going to explode when I had to go back in 38 C. F. R. to make any sense of my claims and decisions.

Can you make the font larger???  That is the way I like it!!!  

Thanks for the update.  If you went to the CAVC, you probably had a lawyer.  (Like I did, on 3 seperate trips to CAVC).  

I recall when I first applied, one Veteran told me his claim was 5 years old.  I reasoned that "it couldnt possibly take 5 years, could it?"   

No, to 5 years.  I have been 17 years, and am still not sure I see the light at the end of the tunnel.  

The VA wants us to keep applying and appealing our whole life, I guess, so they can deny our widow DIC and keep on keeping on.  It must be job security.  

Im still trying to figure out how VA turned a claim with just 3 issues, into 12 VARO decisions, 5 BVA decisions and 3 trips to CAVC.   Naturally, its because they overcomplicate.  First we apply and its denied.  Then we appeal and get it overturned.  So, the VARO lowballs us at 0 percent.  We appeal again, and you get 10 percent.  Then you appeal that one and get 40 percent.  You finally get to 100 percent, and start appealing all over for the effective dates.  Then you apply for SMC and guess what..denial again.  

Are you getting dizzy from all the hamster wheel rides???  

Over the many years I thought I would die for sure but I am still here and the heart is still pumping.  Now that I have the cat by the tail all I have to do is hold on and watch out for the cat scratches.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Nothing wrong with the font at all. It is easier to read.

Glad you are still fighting the good fight. Thank you for posting an update!

On 1/25/2020 at 1:06 PM, pete992 said:

First paranoia is a bear when your computer is hacked and your bank card stops working for no reason and you lose everything and have to start over. 

Look into Linux and Open Source Software. Then google your town with "LUG" and every month there will be an "installfest" where Linux users will help new users install/talk about Linux onto your computer or laptop. Yes take your entire computer there, plugs and cords, and you walk out with a Linux installed.

Ubuntu is usually the choice they will set you up with. But if you really have to have the bloatware of Microsoft than they would install SuSE.