VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How to get my MEPS medical records?

Rate this question

Deannnnn

Question

Hi hope you guys doing good!! I had a lot of information from here and it helped me a lot!! Thank you guys!! And now I’m trying to get my medical records before they kick me out. I’m here in hospital and I got my all medical records. But I can’t see my medical records from MEPS. The reason why I want to have cuz I wanna see how my blood status in the MEPS so I can compare with my current diabetes or for the future you never know so. Does anyone has any ideas how to get medical records from MEPS?thank you again and have a wonderful day!!  

Mine were already in my service records along with all my entrance paperwork etc. The entrance physical. The brown personnel folder.

Edited by brokensoldier244th

2 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Mine were already in my service records along with all my entrance paperwork etc. The entrance physical. The brown personnel folder.

Hey thank you for replying. So when you got discharged, u got the brown folder which already has medical records from MEPS? 

It didn't have the full records but it had sign off sheet for entrance that didn't require waivers due to health, and my exit physical sheets had more than One column Where the original value of a test was indicates next to whatever the exit physical found. That's how I was able to get hearing and tinnitus approved, for example. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

When I was in the Army between 1990 and 1995, we had a medical records office at the base hospital. Of course, back then records were stored on paper in folders. I assume that your records are now stored in a computer, possibly with some still on paper. Not sure if they still have a dedicated medical records office though. You may have to ask around to find out specifically how to obtain them. 

After leaving service, they can be obtained at the VA medical center's release of information office (they mail them to you).

10 hours ago, Vync said:

When I was in the Army between 1990 and 1995, we had a medical records office at the base hospital. Of course, back then records were stored on paper in folders. I assume that your records are now stored in a computer, possibly with some still on paper. Not sure if they still have a dedicated medical records office though. You may have to ask around to find out specifically how to obtain them. 

After leaving service, they can be obtained at the VA medical center's release of information office (they mail them to you).

I didn’t know VA medical center can release my records.thanks!!