VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do NOT submit 2nd form for TDIU on appeal

Rate this question

mandyp

Question

Sorry I wasn't sure where to post this so I will post here and in the appeal section as well because I want to help my fellow veterans who may have come across this same issue and had gotten confused just as I did. My TDIU is currently on appeal at the BVA and shortly after a CP I received a letter from the VA stating my appeal had been remanded for further development and that they needed additional information from me. The letter stated I may be entitled to TDIU and to fill out forms 21-8940 and 21-4192. Ok great! Except I ALREADY filled these forms out and that is what is currently on appeal. So I called the 800 and asked "do I REALLY need to fill another form out" to which the gentleman replied NO!! It is on appeal do NOT fill out 2nd paperwork, because the VA is working on my case and as it is progressing the system recognizes that I now qualify for certain benefits and it automatically generates the letters to be sent. So I guess it is a good thing because it shows progress on my appeal and that I do qualify for TDIU which hopefully the BVA will award. So as I have learned to do I came to hadit to see if anyone else had this similar experience and to share my experience with you so that maybe I can save you sometime and confusion as well. Because if I had filled those forms out the system would recognize it as NEW and not on appeal, and that my friends would have led to another battle.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Great advice.  However, you need to tatoo this on your arm, if you need to rememeber it:

You can not trust everything a VA employee or VSO tells you.  

Best is if you check for yourself to see if the VA has a 21-8940 on file, in your cfile.  The VA has lost stuff of mine (including a 21-8940) multiple times, then disavowed me having ever sent that to them...EVEN WHEN I had mailed it certified mail return receipt requested.  And I had a signature of a VA employee who said they received it!!

Trust is sadly lacking at VA, and that mistrust was earned the old fashioned way:  They EARNED it.  

Make a note to yourself, most VA forms are not only downloadable they are fillable. Get yourself a memory stick, fill out your forms and save them on your computer and your memory stick.  Keep all mail return receipts you send VA so you can tell them when you filled the forms out, the date you signed the forms, the date you mailed the forms out and who in VA received and  singed for the forms.