VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DRO appeal partially granted

Rate this question

Os1B

Question

I received my initial claim decision in Oct 2017. I appealed some parts. On Jan 28, 2020 my appeal was partially granted, which bumped me into the 100% category. It was an accident I found out. I was on the phone with someone from the VA and they mentioned I was 100%. After some going back and forth we realized I was just pushed into 100% because my appeal was granted like an hour before we were on the phone.

So now, E-Benefits has not updated. It still says 90%. So my question is, how long before I show I am 100% and how long until I receive the back pay?

Thanks in advance!

5 answers to this question

hey man

i see no one really responded so i thought i would take a shot at it and try help you out. 

if you look round in the forum you will see a lot of talk about e-bennies and how inaccurate it is. this goes for updates too man. no one can really say how long. actually i was given a SC for headaches and it never even showed in ebennies( i had to file an review to get it fixed) so dont stress it too much. if its been more than a few weeks since you got your letter, try giving Peggy a call  back and see what she says. 

as far as back pay, same story my man. some people get their money before they even get their letter, some after. wait for your letters and if nothing shows up for a couple weeks then start waiving those flags at Peggy! 

i know its frustrating man, specially bc i am sure you have been waiting a while for your win- but just a lil while longer. you have the finish line in sight my friend.

CONGRATS ON YOUR BIG WIN

Edited by blahsaysme2u

Please forgive my post but you are actually talking about you found this information out about a few days (3) days.

Congratulations!  All I can suggest is to keep an eye out on your bank account and your mail box.  The fight is almost over and the check is in the mail. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Be sure to keep your Award letter and rating sheet all together  keep in a safe place  or start you a VA folder if you have not already?

these papers can come in Handy some day  if you need them.

Keep everything you send the VA (copys) and everything the VA sends you.

It all will might  come in handy someday.