VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Best way to inform about SW Asia theatre exposure in claim?

Rate this question

Valley Forge

Question

I am soon about to file a claim for a SC disability that should be presumed based on my SW Asia theatre exposure. Should i just write that i had exposure there, along with my qualifying disability information/diagnosis, for the presumption to be considered valid? Will the rater already know without my telling him?

Edited by ccastodik

I havent seen your cfile, so I have no idea what evidence it contains.  However, if it makes you feel better about your claim, by all means send the applicable presumptives to "Janesville" in a 21-4138, and further share "proof" you were in that area at that time if you have any.  

I believe in sending all information that is pertinent to your claim.  The VA needs to list it in evidence considered to make your decision.  They sometimes list it as evidence already available in your c-file but then you know that they looked at the information.  If there is information that is important to your claim such as an STR entry do add it.  I have created appeals with an appendix and footnotes much like a college report.  I cannot say this has helped me but I can say it has not hurt me in my claims. 

• HadIt.com Elder

It would help if we had a little more information  on your claimed disability?

the presumption claims are few!!!

just because you been exposed don't mean your claim will fly with the VA  They say you need to prove it with service records and medical documentation from Qualified  Dr's about your condition

you need to look up the regulations on the presumption claims for SW Asia theatre and find the criteria for what your claiming...so you know the rating % and not get a low ball rating.

as for as evidence send in all you have and always keep copies  and copies of everything the VA Sends   

You're probably going to get denied without a diagnosis.  Seek a Dr. out that can get you these diagnosis.  I got denied IBS until it was diagnosed.  I got Fibromyalgia but denied CFS due to PTSD/TBI symptoms I am approved for.  Look up the Ellis clinic in OKC.  He's the man.