VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

supplemental claim question

Rate this question

lahunt

Question

what does this mean:

Current status

The Veterans Benefits Administration made a decision

The Veterans Benefits Administration sent you a decision on your Supplemental Claim. Here’s an overview:

Please see your decision for more details.

and under issues it

and also under issues it states compensation issue

a decision letter has been mailed and the review is now closed

6 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@lahunt and @Willy P,

If you filed through a VSO, they might be able to look in the VA's VBMS system and print out the rating decision letter. If you did not file through a VSO, you could opt to contact the VA regional office to see if you could pick one up in person. I always recommend calling them because you want to ensure they have it and know the best hours to go. 

My claim was closed last Monday morning and I visited my VSO during lunch to get a printout. I received the original letter arrived in the mail over this past weekend. My VSO is a couple of hours closer then the VA regional office.

Once you get your letter, go through it carefully. The VA might have made a mistake. Common mistakes include them improperly denying a claim or not granting the maximum rating percentages allowed under the law. It could be as simple as not properly reading a field on the C&P exam. To tie everything together, you might need to get copies of any C&P examinations and compare everything against the VA's rating criteria for your specific disabilities.

Edited by Vync

23 hours ago, lahunt said:

The Veterans Benefits Administration made a decision

The Veterans Benefits Administration sent you a decision on your Supplemental Claim. Here’s an overview:

Please see your decision for more details.and under issues it and also under issues it states compensation issue

a decision letter has been mailed and the review is now closed

Welcome to Hadit! ~~~ When the VBA makes a decision they have to draft up your award letter and are effectively finalizing your claim ~~~

When they say "Compensation Issue" they are either auditing/calculating your back pay, if any.