Jump to content
Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×
  • 0

Claim denied with favorable private & c/p exam DBQs


FlyboyLeRoy
This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.

 

spacer.png

Question

Statements also explains why issues weren’t mentioned in service for fear of losing secret clearance and being kicked out.  

FF221914-0895-4212-90B1-F1D73F6493B1.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Moderator

Well, yes, you have to have an "in service event", but documenting that can be done several ways.

1.  In service medical records.  But that is not the only way!

2.  Buddy letters.  Did one or more of your buddies witness the "stressor"?  

3.  Were you in combat?  The Va is required to ease the stressor verifications for Vets in combat.  

    Do you have a PTSD diagnosis by a VA doc?  This already suggests an "in service event", because the doctor would have probably had to ask you about it prior to a diagnosis.  They Va can not simply dismiss your testimony "based solely" upon the fact you are an "interested party".  

    Was this a HLR or SCL denial, or BVA denial?

1.  If its a BVA denial, I suggest you hire an attorney to appeal to CAVC.  EAJA will likely pay your attorney fees.  

2.  If its a HLR or SCL denial, then I suggest you appeal to the BVA..perhaps also submit buddy letters or other documetation of your "in service stressor".  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
8 minutes ago, FlyboyLeRoy said:

Statements also explains why issues weren’t mentioned in service for fear of losing secret clearance and being kicked out.  

FF221914-0895-4212-90B1-F1D73F6493B1.png

So, if they want an "in service event" perhaps you could obtain a buddy statement to support that, if you have someone you could contact who knows details to your circumstances.

They are also looking for a Nexus, from your VA doctors (PTSD needs to be verified by VA doctors - which you stated you have some medical evidence for)

I find it strange that they examined you and yet an exam was not warranted, anyone know why they would do this, and then NOT issue exams for other contentions when there IS medical evidence, etc?

They said your statement is not corroborative because maybe it doesn't provide enough detail, or has conflicting timelines, or something else, without seeing it we can only guess.

(SC 70% PTSD myself) Hope I can help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Moderator

Well not knowing what all the evidence you turn in its hard to help you?

Who wrotr that about  

The VA screwed you around ''it looks like they denied your claim for PTSD 2/02/2020 and stated the following;;   was this your VSO? 

You know you need a VA PTSD Diagnosis and you need to prove your stressor , unless your a combat vet and you have a CIB on your DD 214.

if not then you may need buddy statements to help you with the stressor and a VA PTSD Diagnosis    and possible lay statements from family and friends that have know you for years  to comment on your behavior as to how you were before military and to the present after you got out   ect,,ect,,,

It looks to me they denied you for all these reasons?

if you did submit all the Above  then Appeal this decision

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
23 minutes ago, awgv001 said:

So, if they want an "in service event" perhaps you could obtain a buddy statement to support that, if you have someone you could contact who knows details to your circumstances.

They are also looking for a Nexus, from your VA doctors (PTSD needs to be verified by VA doctors - which you stated you have some medical evidence for)

I find it strange that they examined you and yet an exam was not warranted, anyone know why they would do this, and then NOT issue exams for other contentions when there IS medical evidence, etc?

They said your statement is not corroborative because maybe it doesn't provide enough detail, or has conflicting timelines, or something else, without seeing it we can only guess.

(SC 70% PTSD myself) Hope I can help!

Thank you. I start therapy with the va this month. I submitted a buddy statement and also statements from my fiancé and coworkers. I also don’t understand why they’d give me an exam if it wasn’t warranted.  Which tells me their response is bullshit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
27 minutes ago, awgv001 said:

So, if they want an "in service event" perhaps you could obtain a buddy statement to support that, if you have someone you could contact who knows details to your circumstances.

They are also looking for a Nexus, from your VA doctors (PTSD needs to be verified by VA doctors - which you stated you have some medical evidence for)

I find it strange that they examined you and yet an exam was not warranted, anyone know why they would do this, and then NOT issue exams for other contentions when there IS medical evidence, etc?

They said your statement is not corroborative because maybe it doesn't provide enough detail, or has conflicting timelines, or something else, without seeing it we can only guess.

(SC 70% PTSD myself) Hope I can help!

I had a nexus from my private and the examiner also agreed it was 50% or more likely from service. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
31 minutes ago, broncovet said:

Well, yes, you have to have an "in service event", but documenting that can be done several ways.

1.  In service medical records.  But that is not the only way!

2.  Buddy letters.  Did one or more of your buddies witness the "stressor"?  

3.  Were you in combat?  The Va is required to ease the stressor verifications for Vets in combat.  

    Do you have a PTSD diagnosis by a VA doc?  This already suggests an "in service event", because the doctor would have probably had to ask you about it prior to a diagnosis.  They Va can not simply dismiss your testimony "based solely" upon the fact you are an "interested party".  

    Was this a HLR or SCL denial, or BVA denial?

1.  If its a BVA denial, I suggest you hire an attorney to appeal to CAVC.  EAJA will likely pay your attorney fees.  

2.  If its a HLR or SCL denial, then I suggest you appeal to the BVA..perhaps also submit buddy letters or other documetation of your "in service stressor".  

Thanks. It’s non combat. And I meet with the va doc this month. I’ve only had the orientation part for mental health. I included buddy statements and some from my fiancé and coworkers too. This was a fully developed claim. Now I am not sure what else I need to submit since I had everything needed, or so I thought, to prove connection.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites



  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

    CHAT NOW

  • question-001.jpeg

    Have Questions? Get Answers.

    Tips on posting on the forums.

    1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.
       
    2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
       
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.
       
      Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.
     
    Leading too:

    exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.
     
    Examples:
     
    • Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?
     
    • Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?
     
    This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”
     
    Note:
     
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

    tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

  • VA Watchdog

  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines