VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim denied with favorable private & c/p exam DBQs

Rate this question

FlyboyLeRoy

Question

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, FlyboyLeRoy said:

Thank you. I start therapy with the va this month. I submitted a buddy statement and also statements from my fiancé and coworkers. I also don’t understand why they’d give me an exam if it wasn’t warranted.  Which tells me their response is bullshit. 

I also noticed that they didn't mention anything about your buddy statements.

Silly question perhaps, but on the list of evidence in your award/denial letter...were they listed?

Was there anyone that witnessed your stressor event, perhaps someone you may have leaned on and told details to in/on active duty?

Evidence from coworkers and fiance help show how the symptoms you face are now, and the difficulties that impact your life from it, but they can't corroborate unless they were around you/with you during the time of the said stressor. Elders, lmk if I'm missing something here.

Edited by awgv001

6 minutes ago, FlyboyLeRoy said:

Thanks. It’s non combat. And I meet with the va doc this month. I’ve only had the orientation part for mental health. I included buddy statements and some from my fiancé and coworkers too. This was a fully developed claim. Now I am not sure what else I need to submit since I had everything needed, or so I thought, to prove connection.  

Also, we often think we have it all dressed up, and then are met with a VA denial. Do you have a VSO you are working with??? They can review what evidence was gathered for your claim to ensure that the 3 Caluza elements are appropriately covered....However, don''t be surprised if they don't look at it, and just fax copies of anything you hand them to scan in...I have had PPL with VSO's, and advocate all of my own claims.

13 minutes ago, FlyboyLeRoy said:

I had a nexus from my private and the examiner also agreed it was 50% or more likely from service. 

Private docs cannot be the one to render ptsd diagnosis. It has to come from VA Psych/lcsw

was the examiner also private?

7 minutes ago, awgv001 said:

I also noticed that they didn't mention anything about your buddy statements.

Silly question perhaps, but on the list of evidence in your award/denial letter...were they listed?

Was there anyone that witnessed your stressor event, perhaps someone you may have leaned on and told details to in/on active duty?

Evidence from coworkers and fiance help show how the symptoms you face are now, and the difficulties that impact your life from it, but they can't corroborate unless they were around you/with you during the time of the said stressor. Elders, lmk if I'm missing something here.

Good point. I haven’t received the letter yet but I’ll check. One Of the stressors I was alone.  The other ones all have news articles on them and I have pictures to prove I was there. One of my buddy statements leans on someone who was Aware of the problems. 

6 minutes ago, awgv001 said:

Also, we often think we have it all dressed up, and then are met with a VA denial. Do you have a VSO you are working with??? They can review what evidence was gathered for your claim to ensure that the 3 Caluza elements are appropriately covered....However, don''t be surprised if they don't look at it, and just fax copies of anything you hand them to scan in...I have had PPL with VSO's, and advocate all of my own claims.

I am working with a vso. From what I see he appears good. Then again I could be wrong. Back to the drawing board.