VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher Level Review

Rate this question

msvj3

Question

Hi,

I pray that someone can give me some answers because I feel distraught.  I filed for a higher level review.  The decision came back saying, it was returned for correction of a duty to assist error in the prior decision.  The Va Medical opinion was not sufficient for rating purposes.  What happens now?  Do I have to go for another exam?  I called and was told that no exam was scheduled for me.

I agree with Pete.  That situation is fixable (maybe even without an IMO).  

What you need to do:

Make sure your address and phone are up to date...the cant contact you and schedule an exam with an old phone number or address.  

I would stay on top of this...I cant tell you how many Vets have said they were denied because they failed to show for a C and P exam, when they did not know about the exam. 

If you have the money, a IMO may be well worth it here, but you can wait to see the VA c and p exam if you like.  However, mostly those VA c and P examiners are trained NOT to hand out favorable exams.  

With a HLR you are NOT allowed to submit new evidence.  

Edited by broncovet