VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA disputes science panel’s findings on proposed Agent Orange diseases

Rate this question

Vync

Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The VA claims the final report will not be ready until late 2020, but they have been telling everyone "soon" for years and keep moving the ETA out further and further. Additionally, after the final report is ready, they are wanting to have it peer-reviewed, which will add additional time. At this rate, I am wondering if any Vietnam veteran will still be alive before they are finished.

I'm keeping a close eye on this because my father may benefit from it. He was diagnosed with several factors related to hypothyroidism which does not run in the family. He even had to quit work because it was no longer safe for him to drive by himself.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2020/01/28/va-disputes-science-panels-findings-on-proposed-agent-orange-diseases-decision-not-expected-until-late-2020/

Edited by Vync

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Vync Here's a suggestion. Look up the NAS's statements why hyperthyroidism from a medical analysis point of view. Example: study done by X showed Y. If your father wants to get a jump on it (because of the on-going delay in adding to the AO presumptive list), get an IMO from a doc that believe they are connected and state so referencing the NAS finding. It is a good chance he can get a favorable on it. Worse case if they deny is he will have already been in que so they "should" re-look at those denials once they do get added. IMO.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@GBArmy That's a good idea. I have been trying to get my father to jump on his VA claims for years, but he wants to avoid it. I'm doing most of the legwork on this. It is a good idea to include that research and try to get an IMO on it. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Vync Tell your Dad this Vietnam veteran is telling him it's o.k. to get benefits that he has earned, one Vietnam guy to another. (We look out for each other.)