VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Migraine went from 30% to 0%

Rate this question

Admedina

Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to check your VA PROGRESS NOTES and see what your Dr's are saying about your healthcare (migraines)

Sometimes down at the R.O. they do random checks on Veterans and if your VA Dr;s mention improvement in your migraines  this is usually what prompts a reduction  you might have to fight it  with a IMO.

Yes I agree with Shrekthetank1

they need to send you a notice of a proposal to reduce and explain why  and tell you what you need to do and how much time you have to NOD

I believe its 60 days from the time you get the proposal  but you do need to get the proposal letter before that can reduce you and you keep your 30%comp until they prove other wise.

Edited by Buck52

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Here is some information explaining both "temporary ratings" and "rating reductions". I put them together in a single article because temporary ratings frequently result in a reduction proposal.

Check out the "proposal to reduce" section for details

Edited by Vync

On 2/6/2020 at 10:34 AM, Admedina said:

Is it possible for va to decrease my rating for migraine from 30% to 0% without notice or ebenefits is not updated since I’m in process of supplemental appeal. 

Welcome to Hadit! - Yes they can reduce you if there is medical proof that symptoms have improved (without medication)...However the VA is required to timely notify you of the changes so that you can act on them, and appeal if necessary.