VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I ha dmore c&p exams a few weeks ago

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

I had won an 1151 for my necrotizing pancreatitis (the hospitalization and surgery was screwed up by the va and they admitted they made bad mistakes, so the BVA judge approved my 1151), and also have liver disease, neurological disease (symptoms of Parkinsons or others), and other diseases. Some diseases go back to when I was on active duty, the edema and swelling of my limbs, which continue, and I was hospitalized with gastroenteritis on active duty too. And I have had intestinal disease and esophagus and gastroenteritis. So, I still have what I had on active duty plus it spread and got worse, and the c&p examiner/doctor saw the diseases. The VA low balled me with my 1151 win and my necrotizing pancreatitis, and left the claims open until they decide what to do with the unresolved issues and the c&p exams results. Not sure when the BVA will finalize my results and see if they stop fighting me and give me the full 100%, as I have been totally disabled for 35 years. Or will leave me short of the 100% at 90%.

My left side of my chest is disfigured with severe swelling from liver disease and swollen lymph nodes. The doctors knew about this when I was living in the hospital 6 months, but it is much worse now and loosing the use of my right side and arm.  My legs constantly swell with edema and skin flakes of and bleeds.. mY skin is paper thin around my ankles and thick and full of liquid above my ankles. Walking  is extremely painful and hurts like hells, I also have the splenic and hepatic veins partially blocked to my heart and through my liver and spleen. Yet, they left that out of my diagnosis when they rated me. These issues were diagnosed many times while at the va for 3 years. They continue to fight me. Not sure when they will finish this charade and rip off. They just don't want to pay the full benefits, my daughter never got benefits while growing up, she paid for here schooling with student loans, and just earned 21 masters degrees. My wife never got any medical benefits. I spent 30 years mostly laying in bed sick. This is the crap I am hoping they will finally finish and stop the stalling of benefits. I first filed in 1997 with the va, but got sick on active duty in the 1970's. I guess they though I would have died by now, the surgeons told me most people die of the pancreatic disease after just a couple years. Still here, still going through this.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

congrats!  There is a rumor that you can get "both" SC disability an 1151..are you getting both?  I think I got that from Berta..that you got both.  Yes, the Va fights us when we are down.  It sounds like you are not working Im sure you have applied for tdiu, yes?  

Being in bed, it also sounds like you should get a and a.  

Honestly I don't know what is going on, all my reps, or the legal advice I got was to wait until the c&p's are finished, as they left me with 90% (It maybe like 94% or such. I yet to receive the statement on the ratings, so I don't know.), but my claims have not been finished yet, the c&p's I think were the last part to finish the remaining claims. I asked for TDUI a long time ago, never heard a word back about that issue.  When they decide the remaining issues, I will find out what steps I have left open. You would think since I last worked in 1995, they would have given me the tdiu, but they refused every time I asked. There may already be decisions in the pipeline that can be looked up, but I am just waiting for official documents. I think I was lowballed with the 1151, but I can't be sure until I get the documents. The necrotizing pancreatitis alone should have put me over. They actually sent me for c&p's (a few weeks ago) for the IBS I filed for in 1997, when they denied me back then. That was before it turned into pancreatic disease. or the same time. They are untangling a web of screwups. If they don't address all the issues I will have to file a disagreement again. I wish I could explain this better, but in a nutshell, I am waiting for official documents to see where I stand in regards to issues, ratings, decisions. Then I have to get my bva vso (this vso specializing in only working with bva appeals) to help me some more, or another rep I have on retainer to help me figure out what to do. Personally, and it hurts to say this, but I don't think can deal with all these legal issues and clearly any longer, al these years of this have left me in a daze and too sick... I appreciate you insights and thoughts.... I kind of put them in the back of my mind so I can get some peace, and numb the pain.