VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

not sure what this means

Rate this question

awfullsharky

Question

Entitled to special monthly compensation under 38 U.S.C. 1114, subsection (s) and 38 CFR 3.350(i) on account of degenerative joint disease, right wrist (also claimed as arthrodesis) rated 100 percent and additional service-connected disabilities of tinnitus, left shoulder strain, adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood claimed as post-traumatic stress disorder, painful scars, right dorsal wrist, independently ratable at 60 percent or more from 12/23/2016 to 03/01/2017.

Rating Date : 12/30/2019

I dont see any change in my pay so not sure what his is.

5 answers to this question

It is saying you qualify for (SMC pension payment). Not really hip on SMC, someone will chime in.

Just now, Miken2c74 said:

It is saying you qualify for (SMC pension payment). Not really hip on SMC, someone will chime in.

Special Monthly Compensation

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Looks like you may have been granted housebound status (if I am reading that correctly). Your profile shows you at 90%, but what you posted indicates 100%. They should have includes a few pages along with the decision that goes into any rating percentage and compensation changes. You can call 1-800-827-1000 and they should be able to tell you the specifics. You can also look on ebenefits or va.gov and check your disabilities.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/3.350

(i) Total plus 60 percent, or housebound; 38 U.S.C. 1114(s). The special monthly compensation provided by 38 U.S.C. 1114(s) is payable where the veteran has a single service-connected disability rated as 100 percent and,

(1) Has additional service-connected disability or disabilities independently ratable at 60 percent, separate and distinct from the 100 percent service-connected disability and involving different anatomical segments or bodily systems, or

(2) Is permanently housebound by reason of service-connected disability or disabilities. This requirement is met when the veteran is substantially confined as a direct result of service-connected disabilities to his or her dwelling and the immediate premises or, if institutionalized, to the ward or clinical areas, and it is reasonably certain that the disability or disabilities and resultant confinement will continue throughout his or her lifetime.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would think its SMC S House Bound  if you got a 100%rating and then another separate rating  60% OR HIGHER not from the 100%  then you quailfy for the SMC S

Check your E  benefits EOB

i KNOW i WENT FROM A 90%COMBINED RATING   AND GIVEN  TDIU P&T  AND GOT ANOTHER SEPARATE CLAIM 70%  THEY GAVE ME THE SMC S H.B. MADE THE IU MOOT.

i NOW HAVE A 100% DEGREE IN RATING  AS IN SCHEDULER RATING.

19 hours ago, Buck52 said:

I would think its SMC S House Bound  if you got a 100%rating and then another separate rating  60% OR HIGHER not from the 100%  then you quailfy for the SMC S

Check your E  benefits EOB

i KNOW i WENT FROM A 90%COMBINED RATING   AND GIVEN  TDIU P&T  AND GOT ANOTHER SEPARATE CLAIM 70%  THEY GAVE ME THE SMC S H.B. MADE THE IU MOOT.

i NOW HAVE A 100% DEGREE IN RATING  AS IN SCHEDULER RATING.

I am going to head down this morning to see why i am not getting it when it states I should be and why it doesnt show on disability listing as 100%

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that   that's what I'd do too!