VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Less Than 2 Years Re-Evaluation

Rate this question

Rakkasan

Question

This seems fairly fast since my final decision 1 1/2 years ago. Is this normal? Figured I would have to do another one 3-5 years. Just a bit curious.

Also another side note: Of course, I would still be attending my C&P but if I attach my favorable DBQ that I just recently had done how much weight does it carry? Thanks all!

7 minutes ago, Apache said:

Does this go for vets with P&T and/or IU ratings? 

First things first, anything with VA is possible. Normally when a veteran is granted P & T, the veteran would not get future C & P exams unless he/she file new claims.  In order to process the new claim the veteran would get C & P exams on these claims.  The same thing with IU but VA can and do re-evaluations on them.  Remember IU is not permanent and can be re-evaluated.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
14 hours ago, Apache said:

Does this go for vets with P&T and/or IU ratings? 

Adding to @pete992's advice,  it can happen, but based on the posts we see here on Hadit, it doesn't happen too often for P&T. For IU, getting bumped up to TDIU would offer some additional protection, not to mention the convenience of not having to submit annual income statements.

2 hours ago, Vync said:

P&T. For IU, getting bumped up to TDIU would offer some additional protection, not to mention the convenience of not having to submit annual income statements.

Please forgive me in advance for any confusion and or misunderstanding.  IU is TDIU, they are and pay the exact same benefits.  The only bump IU and or TDIU can get is P & T and would pay a veteran a little more with SMC payments at different levels.  Years ago we had some confusion of some veterans thinking IU was temporary but the only temporary rating would be a convalescent rating after surgery or to recover.  If I am not correct but I thought VA stopped requiring veterans to fill out that stupid VA form 21-4140  Employment Questionnaire years ago.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete I  JUST SENT IN A  21-4140 couple weeks ago as I usually do every year about this time  for the last 18 years, I also sent a message  and I ask this question

on a blank sheet of paper

Excuse me, but am I still required to send in this 21 -4140 every year Like have for the last 18 years? please advice me if I don't.

Thank you

They came back and said Yes sir you still need to send this form in once a year as the regulations state.  failure to send in this form could result in reduction of benefit's 

So I Send mine in  just to be on the safe side.

I tell veterans that are receiving IU /TDIU P&T unless your R.O. has sent you a letter with the VA letter head, that your not required to send this 21-4140 in anymore, if not   then by all means send in this form to your applicable R.O.

I know I have had conflicting reports that we don't need to send this form in anymore  they check with the SSA AND  IRS to see if you been working or not therefore you don't need to send this 21-14140 form in...that is total BS  and just a myth someone started.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
2 hours ago, pete992 said:

Please forgive me in advance for any confusion and or misunderstanding.  IU is TDIU, they are and pay the exact same benefits.  The only bump IU and or TDIU can get is P & T and would pay a veteran a little more with SMC payments at different levels.  Years ago we had some confusion of some veterans thinking IU was temporary but the only temporary rating would be a convalescent rating after surgery or to recover.  If I am not correct but I thought VA stopped requiring veterans to fill out that stupid VA form 21-4140  Employment Questionnaire years ago.

You're right. That's pretty much what I meant. I knew there was some sort of differentiation between IU and TDIU beyond the annual income statement deal. That employment questionnaire is definitely stupid. 😎