VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gerd DENIED, next move?

Rate this question

Ramp Ape

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hamslice Best way of course, is to connect thru meds you already take for a s-c condition already. Do a research of side effects on all the meds that you use and see if any cause stomach/ throat irritation. A lot of pain meds have nasty side-effects. Be sure to look at the data sheet that comes with every med as well. If you find one, then get a doc to nexus it.It's a low bar; all he has to say that "study xyz from (institution/university/ medical journal, etc.) shows ...It is my opinion, that x drug is as at least as likely as not caused the GERD?Barretts." If you submit without a doc opinion, it will just about always be denied. IMO.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I agree with @GBArmy. That's how I got mine - secondary SC due to NSAIDs used to treat my back, pretty much like what Ramp Ape is trying to do. 

One thing I, and probably the original poster, is looking for is how long it takes to acquire Barrett's.  I need to research that and find out.

As an example, can you be fine, without hernia or Barrett's, and then a year later have full blown Barrett's, if there is such a thing,

Or, does it develop over 5, 10 or 20 years.

That would help with the claim I would think.  I was in for 27 years and have been out for 12, so if you catch my drift, and it take 20 years to develop, well then it occurred while in service, etc.

Trying to think of other ailments that take time to develop to compare.

FWIW,

Hamslice