VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service connected Appeal

Rate this question

EO-3

Question

I received a notice in VA.Gov today stating a SOC was sent yesterday not fully granted. I was at 50% before the appeal. I then went on Ebenefits and the 50% for disabilities circle in disabilities now shows N/A and a statement that it will be updated when the process has ben finished. Anyone had this happen ? if so what was the outcome?

So if you do not mind my asking what is your rating for and why were you worried that it might decrease?  Conditions usually get worse as time goes on and we can also add secondary's if treatment of your disability causes other issues.  Vets are scared to ask for a increase as they have been sold the don't rock the boat line.  Once a decision has been made you can appeal the decision if you are not sure it is fair and they are not supposed to reduce you when you appeal.

Update I talked to the VA today they say nothing has changed with regard to my Percentage it is still 50%. She transferred me to E-benefits they said when you file an appeal the percentage on their disability tab goes away until that claim is resolved. So bottom line is no harm no foul. Thank goodness.

They have not reduced it . I have an appeal in for some denied conditions on the first award. I was concerned because I have heard they can reduce your % if you appeal however that is not the case. I also have a secondary claim in.  I'm service connected for Back, Knee, and Tinnitus.

Edited by EO-3

Some veterans get a decrease instead of an increase but that is very rare and if VA decrease a claim on appeal it is called a Mischaracterization of the Issue on Appeal. Remember VA can and try to get away with screwing the veteran and they get caught all the time.  I would think that your claim is good but going through the process of getting loaded in the system. I would not be worried about a decrease.   Don't believe the gossipers and fear mongers.

https://community.hadit.com/topic/77823-fear-of-reduction-wait-read-this/page/2/#comment-483740

Edited by pete992