VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VERY strange C & P exam

Rate this question

Mantana

Question

20200214_063707.thumb.jpg.719b89e6abc71f2a4fab2cbb2ef338c3.jpgYesterday I drove 87 miles over an unplowed pass in a blizzard at 530 in the morning to make a c & p exam. The appointment time was 8am, but I was determined to be early so I showed at 740. But the drive isnt the weird part... I was scheduled to get evaluated for neck pain and GERD. The nurse was nice and drew my blood quickly, the doctor arrived and it was the same doctor I had 8 months ago in another town and he actually gave me my first service connection at that time. He starts with neck pain, does very fast measurements and basically then tells me I have no strong claim. I was claiming it secondary to TMD and had provided with a nexus  (which he read) 2 appeals that the board granted for this same issue. There was also 2 scholarly articles in the nexus letter. He shrugged it off and said he was going to deny it.... now it gets weird...

He stated he "lastnight i made up my mind" and was going to deny both my conditions. But then he said this morning he changed his mind and decides to make a statement with my GERD at least as likely as not. He even read me the statement and told me he would use one of the articles provided in my claim. But then he tells me he was going to deny because he thinks I don't have GERD But another disease(just similar symptoms), AND he thinks my articles are bogus and flawed. I am claiming GERD secondary via NSAID over use. He basically explained to me the VA likes to play a game and that he realized I was a veteran who wanted to play back.... Also he said GERD needs to be confirmed and he told me not do have a scope until I'm service connected in case it's negative. 

Oh yeah, and he diagnosed me with GERD

Isn't that weird as heck?????

Edited by Mantana

21 minutes ago, ruby said:

Just curious what’s the highest rating you can get with GERD.  Neck has to do with motion at the onset of pain.

Personally 30% but if it's really severe you can get 60. Neck I know I can only get 10 for painful motion 

7 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

Take it all the way!  

Oh I will! I gave up in 2017 when i lost for my back. I started back and as of now I'm 60% with mental health pending that could get me to the 100 schedular mark. The only way to lose a claim is give up, and I learned in 2017 that it was my mistake. I will get this rating.

11 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

I would be interested in what he finally put in your C&P. 

I will try to remember to update you on this. My vso who I only use for logistical purposes will get me a copy of the c and p when it's updated 

• HadIt.com Elder

I think your examiner is self-medicating while on the job! Gotta see the decision letter!