VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VERY strange C & P exam

Rate this question

Mantana

Question

20200214_063707.thumb.jpg.719b89e6abc71f2a4fab2cbb2ef338c3.jpgYesterday I drove 87 miles over an unplowed pass in a blizzard at 530 in the morning to make a c & p exam. The appointment time was 8am, but I was determined to be early so I showed at 740. But the drive isnt the weird part... I was scheduled to get evaluated for neck pain and GERD. The nurse was nice and drew my blood quickly, the doctor arrived and it was the same doctor I had 8 months ago in another town and he actually gave me my first service connection at that time. He starts with neck pain, does very fast measurements and basically then tells me I have no strong claim. I was claiming it secondary to TMD and had provided with a nexus  (which he read) 2 appeals that the board granted for this same issue. There was also 2 scholarly articles in the nexus letter. He shrugged it off and said he was going to deny it.... now it gets weird...

He stated he "lastnight i made up my mind" and was going to deny both my conditions. But then he said this morning he changed his mind and decides to make a statement with my GERD at least as likely as not. He even read me the statement and told me he would use one of the articles provided in my claim. But then he tells me he was going to deny because he thinks I don't have GERD But another disease(just similar symptoms), AND he thinks my articles are bogus and flawed. I am claiming GERD secondary via NSAID over use. He basically explained to me the VA likes to play a game and that he realized I was a veteran who wanted to play back.... Also he said GERD needs to be confirmed and he told me not do have a scope until I'm service connected in case it's negative. 

Oh yeah, and he diagnosed me with GERD

Isn't that weird as heck?????

Edited by Mantana

• HadIt.com Elder
24 minutes ago, Oceanbound said:

So you're allowing fraud to take place. When you don't even have GERD?!

This Veteran is not allowing Fraud? he simply was stating what this Idiot C&P Examiner mention.

Oceanbound please don't be so quick to accuse veterans of Fraud here on Hadit.

As Vetquest mention there's is another site for that.

I am sure this Veteran will diagnosed for GERD and have the necessary test for that.  And Hopefully get a decent C&P Examiner next time.

4 hours ago, Oceanbound said:

So you're allowing fraud to take place. When you don't even have GERD?!

I apologize if you think it's fraud for me to be told by 3 doctors that I have GERD without telling me you need a scope to get a proper diagnosis. 2 are private doctors and one is my freaking VA primary physician. 

4 hours ago, Oceanbound said:

How do you know if you have GERD if you never had a camera down your throat? He should have denied you just for that reason alone and not give you 

Again he should have never gave you "atleast as likely as not" but a denied--since you don't have proof from a scope down your throat to your stomach.

No he was right about your three doctors being wrong. They never properly examined you with again a scope down your throat.

That is like saying I bought a box of chocolate cookies, and I ate them, even though they're still in the wrapped box moldy.

Straight from mayo clinic.... "Your doctor might be able to diagnose GERD based on a physical examination and history of your signs and symptoms."

4 hours ago, Buck52 said:

This Veteran is not allowing Fraud? he simply was stating what this Idiot C&P Examiner mention.

Thanks for that. Honestly It was very hard for me to reach out in this community. I thought the support would be better. 3 of my own personal doctors who know my history diagnosed me. I didnt diagnose me. Also, the c and p examiner isn't my treating physician. He doesn't know my history like my doctor does. I have GERD, just because some crazy c and p doc said I don't doesn't mean I don't have it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Mantana Don't get discouraged. As you can see this is an active forum, and with many people, opinions can sometimes go off target a bit. You are absolutely correct; the VA doc is the one that is wrong. You have your evidence and you can win on your claim, if you do one thing. Don't give up! If you have been diagnosed for GERD, you can win out. In fact, that holds for everyone. If you believe you have an injury or disease because of your service, don't quit if you get denied the first time. Work on it so you develop a strong case. So, if you get advise or an opinion that is wrong, no problem. Ignore it and follow the advise that makes sense. You can win!

1 hour ago, GBArmy said:

if you get advise or an opinion that is wrong, no problem. Ignore it and follow the advise that makes sense. You can win!

Thanks for the pep talk. I'm hoping I win and don't need to do an appeal or anything. A higher level review may be in the works if I don't. I learned that the only thing between someone getting their condition service connected and not is giving up. If I didn't know any better I would have tapped out by now. After this exam I considered that, I was frustrated thinking what he said.  

Edited by Mantana