Jump to content
HadIt.com Changes Ownership ×
VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.


  • question-001.jpeg

    Have Questions? Get Answers.

    Tips on posting on the forums.

    1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.
    2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.
      Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.
    Leading too:

    exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.
    • Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?
    • Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?
    This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   


  • VA Watchdog

  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

  • 0

IMO Sleep Apnea

Brian Hutcheon


5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I used Dr. Anaise.

He reviewed my claim file and medical docs via email and agreed that he could help.  After I paid him, I had the IMO in about a week.

The IMO is what won my supplemental claim for sleep apnea, so I recommend contacting his office.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
  • HadIt.com Elder

Why not ask your VA PCP for a referral to the VA Sleep Clinic...you need to know if you have OSA or Sleep Apnea.this is a dangerous disabilty it can kill you!!!..

(Do not mention a sleep Apnea Claim.to these people but you need to know if you have Sleep Apnea and be diagnosed for it.

The VA Sleep Clinic will do that for you   if the clinic can't get you in within 30 days request to be outsourced through the VA New Mission ACT called the COMMUNITY CARE PROGRAM (CCP) YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY THE VA SLEEP CLINIC FOR THE DATE AND TIME&LOCATION TO TAKE YOUR SLEEP STUDY.

If you have any degree of OSA (Sleep Apnea) the VA will either call you at home or send you a letter letting you know the results of your sleep study?

  if your diagnosed for Sleep Apnea they  (VA Sleep Clinic) will usually prescribe you a C=PAP if your degree of OSA is bad enough to require you to use a C-pap...this is all free.

..After this is when you file for your Sleep Apnea Claim..you just need an nexus from a qualified Dr to nexus this as direct service connection  or as a secondary claim from a service connected disability that you may already have.


Remember do not mention a S.A. CLAIM TO ANY OF THESE PEOPLE.


Edited by Buck52 (see edit history)
Link to comment
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use