VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

HLR closed without taking care of duty to assist error corrections

Rate this question

msvj3

Question

Hi,

I am praying that someone could help me.  I had a Higher Level Review.  They found several duty to assist errors and was suppose to send it to the AOJ for corrections.  My HLR closed but the duty to assist errors were sent for correction.  I called the 800 number and informed them what was done, I called and asked to speak to a supervisor, I sent a letter through IRIS and I sent a letter to the intake center alerting them all of what was done.  To date, no one has answered my calls or emails.  My case is suppose to be expedited due to hardship.   Is there any one else who I could talk to that would look in to this?  This has been going on for about a month now.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Ok, so ebenefits says its "closed", and you want us to speculate on what that means?  Sorry, Im not going there, not that Im not sympathetic to your issues.  Its possible, or even likely, that you have been awarded benefits, so "DTA" may not mean a whole lot when you are granted benefits.  

I know its painful when you need money and VA drags stuff out.  (I lost my home in 2005to 2006 waiting on VA to process benefits).  

My suggestion:

In my state you can go to the county VSO and "get short term help" for Vets with things like evcition notices, gas shut off, etc.  My suggestion is you contact them, you are gonna have to wait for the envelope to know anything REAL.  

You can try calling the White house hotline.  Did you contact your VSO who should have VBMS access??  He can tell you more than we can.  However, we dont always suggest you take all the advice VSO give you, especially when they say stuff like:  "Dont file for an increase, you will be reduced instead" or "Dont file any new benefits, they will take away the ones you have, instead."  

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for your comments.  I just called the white house hotline.  Thank you for giving me that information.  They said that they are going to have someone look into it immediately.  Please understand that my HLR was closed without the supplemental record for the duty to assist error corrections being taken care of.  This was confirmed by calling peggy and also from Disabled Veterans looking at my files in the VA computer.  There were no opened files for me.   I am praying that by contacting the white house, some one will honestly address my concerns.  If I didn't have you guys for support, I don't know where I would be.  The worst thing in the world is being in pain or suffering from a mental condition and not being heard.  It's great that there are so many caring hearts in this forum.  Thank you.  Will let you know how I make out.

Good deal.  My experience with the Whitehouse hotline is that you need to stay up on them to get your explanation.   If you do not hear back in two weeks call back and explain you already have a case number and ask for the status.  They are pretty responsive when you hold their feet to the fire.  Good luck and keep on going.  If you have a mental issue and it gets really tough call your psychologist or the VA social worker.  They are there to help you and keep you on an even keel.