VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Success?

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

4 answers to this question

• Lead Moderator

In my experience I just get the run around.  Now the WH I have had far more success.  I have called them and they have called me back with a few answers, which were legit.  The most help was a congresswomans aid who got my percentages added from a remand. Save all numbers!

I would just shake every branch you can get a hold of!

Edited by shrekthetank1

I filed a CUE with IRIS ,as a complaint, many years ago and immediately got a double DRO Review.

However I got the same DRO who ignored my evidence in the last DRO review-and she ignored the evidence again-

I didn't file CUE under 38 CFR 4.6 but should have.

In any event the BVA awarded that claim.

On the bright side however I filed a White House complaint over a year ago and got an excellent result.

It had nothing to do with me personally -except for my personal evidence on malpractice)but it went to the Office of Accountability ,who contacted me for more evidence, and the Senate just passed the Bill it generated.S 221- re: more accountability for doctors regarding VA malpractice.

I forgot to suggest this:

The IRIS complaint box is a Pop down box, with a few questions etc.... and these complaints go to VA Central as well as to the specific RO.

I have had mixed luck with the Whitehouse hotline.  Mostly the VA was supposed to reply to me and did not, while marking it as if they did.  I have been keeping up on this and they will respond if I call and say that I have not heard anything.  IRIS is useless for me as they have an "open" complaint on my record and have never closed it.