VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Peggy's knowledge of SMCs

Rate this question

Holllie Greene

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hollie I think you pretty much answered your own question. Like anything else, there are very knowledgeable reps at Peggy, but, as you know, SMC's are fairly complicated. I think the first thing to do is to go to the VA site and try to get the research you think you need. Then, give a try with Peggy. Or, you can post the question here, and one of the elders might know it. For certain, if you message Alex Grahm he would probably have a good answer for you. He's a pretty busy guy, but he's very up on that part of benefits.

Could you be more specific? Just saying you think they don't doesn't get any of us any closer to helping you. The phone people at Peggy aren't there to answer specifics about your conditions in your claim and don't have access to the specifics. What do you want to know?

Hi Brokensoldier 244th,

I have an active appeal for worsening Multiple Sclerosis (I put in for an increase) and I called Peggy last week and Peggy said I am already at 100%, there is nothing more for me.

Just now, Holllie Greene said:

Hi Brokensoldier 244th,

I have an active appeal for worsening Multiple Sclerosis (I put in for an increase) and I called Peggy last week and Peggy said I am already at 100%, there is nothing more for me.

In which case, that particular receptionist doesn't have SMC knowledge. Do you have a VSO helping you that could assist in clarifying the SMC breakdown?

Do you have a separate rating for 60% or above and are house bound or need constant care and attendance? That's one of the triggers for an SMC.