VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Results Delayed

Rate this question

RBrogen

Question

Hey Everyone,

I've had 6 C&P exams in the past year and the first 5 (2 of which were very involved with numerous conditions) had all of the results released within 7 days to my MyVAHeatlh.gov reports.  The last one the C&P guy posted a note after 3 days that said C&P results will be made available 30 calendar days after the completion of the exam.  The exam was for an increase for a condition that 2 previous C&Ps had already documented the evidence for the increase.  Truth be known, I don't know why they didn't just use the Acceptable Clinical Evidence (ACE) method to approve it since the exams literally proved the exact condition severity for the increase. The examiner appeared a bit snippy so I was curious if this guy is just yanking my chain making me wait or were my 5 other results just very quick?

Thanks,
Randy

59 minutes ago, RBrogen said:

Hey Everyone,

I've had 6 C&P exams in the past year and the first 5 (2 of which were very involved with numerous conditions) had all of the results released within 7 days to my MyVAHeatlh.gov reports.  The last one the C&P guy posted a note after 3 days that said C&P results will be made available 30 calendar days after the completion of the exam.  The exam was for an increase for a condition that 2 previous C&Ps had already documented the evidence for the increase.  Truth be known, I don't know why they didn't just use the Acceptable Clinical Evidence (ACE) method to approve it since the exams literally proved the exact condition severity for the increase. The examiner appeared a bit snippy so I was curious if this guy is just yanking my chain making me wait or were my 5 other results just very quick?

Thanks,
Randy

Recently had an ACE exam myself, and yes, it can be up to 30 days before the information is entered into MHV.

The other exams you did were "inside VA" exams? Those show up pretty quick most of the time.

My clock just started today for another new exam too, both exams done by VES.

Edited by awgv001

• HadIt.com Elder

This we can't put an answer to.

I DON'T THINK THEY ENTER  CONTRACTED EXAMS INTO MHV.(Myhealthevet notes)..We need to get these exam reports from the release of information at the release of records dept at our VAMC...USUALLY WITHIN 2 WEEKS AFTER THE EXAM.

(at least I never had any luck getting them from Myhealthevet?)

you just HAVE TO WAIT TO GET THE REPORTS  BUT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THEM BEFORE 30 DAYS?  CHECK WITH RELEASE OF RECORDS PERSONAL IN A WEEK OR TWO AT YOUR VAMC, USUALLY AFTER 3 DAYS BUT IT DEPENDS ON WHEN THE EXAMINER SENDS IN HIS REPORT. SO YOU MAY NEED TO WAIT A FEW MORE DAYS.

Edited by Buck52

VA says they haven't gotten the report either.  The C&P was done at the same facility as the last 4.

Edited by RBrogen

• HadIt.com Elder
8 minutes ago, RBrogen said:

VA says they haven't gotten the report either.  The C&P was done at the same facility as the last 4.

Ok this usually means the examiner has not sent it to the VA yet?

give it a couple weeks  and awgv001 could be right on it might take the 30 days.

like I mention it all depends on when the examiner sends it back to the VA  Then it may take the VA  a week or so to copy and put them in the records...

the place you checked for them if it was release of medical records   they can  type into the computer for these records your asking for and it will let them know if theses records on in or not.?

if you specify a date you want.  or the date of your C&P Exams.

Also  the examiner may wait to get all these exams in at once or send them all back to the VA together.  we don't know that  though?

The exam is for a single condition/single C&P.  The 2 other C&Ps that document the severity of the condition were done earlier in the year and are and have been in the system for months.