Announcements

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• Ads

• Fund HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran LLC

fundraising.jpegHadIt.com Veteran to Veteran Fundraiser
    Revenues are down, costs are up and I need your help. Financial gifts are always appreciated but never required. If HadIt.com has helped you and you can give back a little it is appreciated Give here https://community.hadit.com/donate/make-donation/

Give a financial gift to help with the upkeep of HadIt.com. HadIt.com is NOT a non profit. Gifts are not tax deductible, they are just gifts. 

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Our picks

• Exams that were being sent strictly to contractors before, due to VAMCs not being open, are starting to be routed back to VAMCs. This is going forward from last Friday- not sure if prior scheduled exams will be re-created for VAMC vs vendor.
      • 7 replies
    • Mere speculation in your VA C and P exam

M21-1, Part III, Subpart iv, Chapter 3, Section D – Examination Reports III.iv.3.D.2.r. Examiner Statements that an Opinion Would be Speculative Pay careful attention to any conclusion by the examiner that an opinion could not be provided without resorting to mere speculation (or any similar language to that effect). VA may only accept a medical examiner’s … Continue reading
      • 0 replies
    • A favor please - just changed servers so if you have a moment...
      A favor please - just changed servers so if you have a moment go to https://www.hadit.com I'd like to see how the server handles a lot of traffic. So if you have a moment click the link and i can see how things are going on the back end.
      • 11 replies
    • It's time to ask for help from the community. If you can help with a gift it would be very appreciated.

Fund HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran LLC

Give a financial gift to help with the upkeep of HadIt.com. HadIt.com is NOT a non profit. Gifts are not tax deductible, they are just gifts. 
      • 11 replies
    • Howdy all,

The VA DRO denied my claim for an earlier effective date for my sleep apnea. They originally denied it in 2008 but granted it in Nov 2019 secondary to my GERD. I was rated for GERD in 2001. So I had it in 2008. I have attached the 2008 denial, 2018 approval, and the NOD SOC. All of my medical files and the medical articles and VA Citations referenced were in existence in or before Jan 2008. The only new items were the NEXUS letter from Dr Bash and a few extra buddy letters. The original denial states that my medical records show no diagnosis or treatment and only isolated complaints of symptoms. The denial does not even list my wife's or my lay statements as evidence reviewed. I have symptoms listed numerous times in my SMRs:

a. Medical visit dated 24 Feb 76 for problem sleeping and depression.
      b. Physical exam dated 24 Jan 79 listed frequent/severe headaches" dizziness, and
      nervousness.
      c. Physical exam dated 07 Nov 83 listed frequent/severe headaches.
      d. Physical exam dated 16 Jan 85 listed frequent/severe headaches.
      e. Admitted to hospital 05 Aug 86 for chest pains and anxiety.
      f. Medical visit dated 14 Jul 87 for problem sleeping and morning confusion.
      g. Physical exam dated 25 Feb 88 listed dizziness.
      h. Physical exam dated 07 Oct 91 listed frequent/severe headaches
      i. Physical exam dated 25 Aug 93 listed headache.
      j. Hernia repair surgery dated 22 Ang 94 surgeon had to insert devices of some
      kind in each of my nostrils that went down into my throat to keep rny airway
      open and stop my disruptive snoring.
      k. Physical exam dated 29 Sep 99 listed frequent/severe headaches.

So could you all take a look and let me know what you think.

Redacted VA NOD SOC 04-09-2020.pdf
      VA 2008 Denial of OSA Redacted.pdf
      VA Claim Decision Ltr 08 Nov 2018 Redacted.PDF
      • 3 replies
  • Advertisemnt

Sign in to follow this  
asknod

The Triple Whammy

This was a big week at asknod. I just wish my neighbor John had gotten R2 out of the gate. It ain't over until Secretary Bob weighs in when he reads my email Monday morning. One of the Vets, Andrew, is a member here- or should I say- his wife is. She found me here and I'm honored to have helped her. 

https://asknod.org/2020/02/22/va-baby-you-can-drive-my-car/

When I came home from Vietnam, I never ever thought there would be a day when I'd say I was proud to have served my country. It was ugly in 1972.  Now, I'm overjoyed at the ability to pay it forward. Thank you Lord for the Internet. It's a Godsend to so many who are clueless. Leave no one behind. I still wish I could have named my site What would a Veteran Do? (WWVD). That's what wives are for.

a

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By asknod
      Here's a great story to start Spring. Janet and Donald are my oldest customers. Janet found me here in 2014 before I was accredited. She waited and bided her time waiting for me to get my license to kill. 
      https://asknod.org/2020/03/09/bva-r2-you-cant-always-get-what-you-want/
      Nothing, I mean nothing, could keep this woman from winning. She also snagged all the goodies on SHA and the auto grant without me. I do hope Cupcake will be that aggressive on my account if I get this ill.

• By Island5OIF3
      Good evening,
      I have been rated 100% for severe and chronic ptsd since 2007 along with 8 other ratings ranging from 10% to 60% and recently was diagnosed and service connected for Parkinson's disease from my TBI sustained in combat in 2005. The VA sent me paperwork and ratings for my Parkinson"s diagnosis and awarded me an additional 100% disability rating on top of my multiple other ratings as well as my 100% ptsd rating. I have been drawing additional SMC pay on top of my normal disability VA pay at the S or what is referred to the home bound rate ( around $300.00 ) extra a month. I was at a veterans session this past week and a former VA service officer was there explaining our pay and medical benefits and one of the questions asked by another vet was if anyone like himself had two separate 100% VA rated disabilities. I raised my hand and he asked the former VA rep why he wasn't getting paid smc on top of his 100% rating and that's when it got confusing for me with my TBI. Apparently to my understanding if a veteran had two separate 100% service connected VA disability ratings, their SMC pay should be much higher than the household amount in the $300.00 range. Can anyone verify  or confirm this. The former VA rep stated that the two combined 100% ratings should place additional SMC pay to around an additional 12 to 13 hundred extra dollars a month. Is this in any way accurate or Am I misunderstanding all this because of my TBI? Thank you in advance and thank you God for Spell correct.
    • By SGTWISH
      Initial claim approved @ 100% AO connected Ischemic Heart Disease, 15% tinnitus,0% hearing loss and 50% PTSD. Further physical degeneration since 2015: PD diagnosed and evolving thru body , diabetis diagnosed, in 2016 I had sudden hearing loss from 8th cranial nerve crack (TBI) -94 db on right (complete) and -33db on ledt ear. PD involves heavy Levadopa usage, shaking tremors, unintended articulation of limbs and gait modifying. I am being assisted and treated by VA already but is there any further compensation advantage to be gained by pursuing additional disabilities? Or just busy work to keep me active, sure could use allowing my wife to quit work....
    • By asknod
      This is an amazing story. I got a Vietnam Swift Boater (Dan) R1 last year.  Sadly, he passed in early January. They got almost a year of R1-  $93,600 -before he passed..  This Vet's wife (Dan's daughter) came to me in early December and asked me to help her. Seems the VFW in Arkansas doesn't understand SMC very well. They said her husband was maxed out at SMC M. But of course, they said that before he finally got SMC L. I was honored to represent this 11 Bravo 20 w/ CIB. Two R1s and two Vietnam Vets in the same family. That will probably stand as my personal best. Hoooooo, doggies I do love to litigate. Leave no one behind fellow members. Never.
      This is precisely why I chose to become a VA agent. I wanted to make a difference in a few Vet's lives before I punch out. 
      Some of you will ask how much money I made. $36.75  for USPS Priority mail postage. The Arkansas Puzzle Palace didn't fight my Vet on it nor did I expect them to.  Cool beans, huh? 
      redact R 1.pdf
    • By alliem
      Hi, I'm just starting the agent orange application process for my father and have a lot of questions. Would love to get insight from anyone who has been through the process and/or who may have similar circumstances.
      First, he was on a blue water naval ship (USS Ranger), but he did set boots on ground as part of a work detail when his ship was docked in Vietnam.  Has anyone had a similar situation, and if so, did you have to come up with evidence that you set boots on ground? If so, where/how did you find that?
      Second, he has lewy body dementia, which is believed by experts to be the same disease as parkinson's, the only difference is the timing and order in which symptoms appear.  I have seen that very few LBD patients have made successful Agent Orange claims, and most seek a diagnosis of Parkinsons or PDD in order to qualify.  If anyone has experience in how this works I'd love to hear about it and I have some specific questions. 
  • Ads

• Our picks

• Exams that were being sent strictly to contractors before, due to VAMCs not being open, are starting to be routed back to VAMCs. This is going forward from last Friday- not sure if prior scheduled exams will be re-created for VAMC vs vendor.
      • 7 replies
    • Mere speculation in your VA C and P exam

M21-1, Part III, Subpart iv, Chapter 3, Section D – Examination Reports III.iv.3.D.2.r. Examiner Statements that an Opinion Would be Speculative Pay careful attention to any conclusion by the examiner that an opinion could not be provided without resorting to mere speculation (or any similar language to that effect). VA may only accept a medical examiner’s … Continue reading
      • 0 replies
    • A favor please - just changed servers so if you have a moment...
      A favor please - just changed servers so if you have a moment go to https://www.hadit.com I'd like to see how the server handles a lot of traffic. So if you have a moment click the link and i can see how things are going on the back end.
      • 11 replies
    • It's time to ask for help from the community. If you can help with a gift it would be very appreciated.

Fund HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran LLC

Give a financial gift to help with the upkeep of HadIt.com. HadIt.com is NOT a non profit. Gifts are not tax deductible, they are just gifts. 
      • 11 replies
    • Howdy all,

The VA DRO denied my claim for an earlier effective date for my sleep apnea. They originally denied it in 2008 but granted it in Nov 2019 secondary to my GERD. I was rated for GERD in 2001. So I had it in 2008. I have attached the 2008 denial, 2018 approval, and the NOD SOC. All of my medical files and the medical articles and VA Citations referenced were in existence in or before Jan 2008. The only new items were the NEXUS letter from Dr Bash and a few extra buddy letters. The original denial states that my medical records show no diagnosis or treatment and only isolated complaints of symptoms. The denial does not even list my wife's or my lay statements as evidence reviewed. I have symptoms listed numerous times in my SMRs:

a. Medical visit dated 24 Feb 76 for problem sleeping and depression.
      b. Physical exam dated 24 Jan 79 listed frequent/severe headaches" dizziness, and
      nervousness.
      c. Physical exam dated 07 Nov 83 listed frequent/severe headaches.
      d. Physical exam dated 16 Jan 85 listed frequent/severe headaches.
      e. Admitted to hospital 05 Aug 86 for chest pains and anxiety.
      f. Medical visit dated 14 Jul 87 for problem sleeping and morning confusion.
      g. Physical exam dated 25 Feb 88 listed dizziness.
      h. Physical exam dated 07 Oct 91 listed frequent/severe headaches
      i. Physical exam dated 25 Aug 93 listed headache.
      j. Hernia repair surgery dated 22 Ang 94 surgeon had to insert devices of some
      kind in each of my nostrils that went down into my throat to keep rny airway
      open and stop my disruptive snoring.
      k. Physical exam dated 29 Sep 99 listed frequent/severe headaches.

So could you all take a look and let me know what you think.

Redacted VA NOD SOC 04-09-2020.pdf
      VA 2008 Denial of OSA Redacted.pdf
      VA Claim Decision Ltr 08 Nov 2018 Redacted.PDF
      • 3 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines