VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

19k4life

Question

Hello all,

I've been a big fan of this site and would like to thank all for the great insights pertaining to all.

My questions follows..

I filed a NOD in receipt on July 30th 2018 as va.gov showed. It was for a DRO review. I filed for 3 contentions for increase and TDIU. Which always shows as 2 different claims on VA.GOV site.

My current rating before NOD was at 90%. For total of 12 rated issues.

Recently this week showed up on VA.gov and ebenefits as granted 100 TDIU but on ebene I did the math..

50%, 10%x5, 20%x4, 30%x2.. This should add up to 95% which makes it 100 schedular so I thought... Below are what I saw from ebene. I'm just confused coz if 100 by schedular the TDIU should be moot.. Also, my disability on ebene shows 100 disabled. I want to have 100 schedular. Haven't received the brown envelope yet with decision letter. No retro pay yet.

I'm bad at pasting all info from ebene on this post...

Ebene benefit summary breaks down with checks:

1. You have one or more serv related disabilities. YES

2. Your combined serv connected disabilities are 100%.

3. Your current monthly award is:  effective date of last change amount and date.. $4158.32 / 12/01/2019.

4. You are being paid at 100% due to your unemployability due to your service disability. YES

5. You are considered t&p so let due to your serv connection. Effective dates of your T&P disability dates are 10/07/2017.

6. You are being paid SMC due to your service type severity..etc... YES

Everything here looks like tdiu 100 but my total math on my ebene shows 95 which us 100. My retro is another thing..if schedular..it seems as since my increase on the NOD was effective on 11/27/2019 that made me 100 by va math and the TDIU stated above was for 10/07/2017 effective.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by 19k4life

19k4life, please forgive me. I understand that you want to know what the heck is going on. Here at Hadit.com, we are trying to help you but we are only guessing/speculating at what the answer will/would be. It has been said over and over to never rely on ebenefits/VA.gov. and to wait for your rating decision. There will be times when a TDIU veteran files for an increase and be granted 100% scheduler. The 100% scheduler would be the new combined rating but the TDIU has its own effective date that cannot be taken away. Unless a veteran has a separate TDIU a veteran with TDIU then granted 100% scheduler will have both ratings but of course VA will only pay for one.  Your rating decision will come soon just let us know the final outcome of what was done. 

On 2/23/2020 at 11:31 AM, GBArmy said:

I ran the numbers on an on-line calculator and got 94.07 for the combined rating. That doesn't round up to 95 or 100%, it rounds down to 90%. Good comments from everyone, however.

I took some snapshots of what it's shown on VA.gov..

I was never TDIU previously.. Only 90. Yes, I will wait till my packet arrives but curious coz I do have a lot riding on this being schedular or tdiu. Ebennie and va.gov might not be all accurate but I don't think it has any lies in 'em. Must be some truth to the award letter on ebennie. I'm just perplexed and anxious to which I am. Not all seems to be clear and dry...just wait for packet coz I do have behind issues to which outcome might affect me greatly.

Pete.. Thanks for not speculating but your examples were even more confusing. I do appreciate everyone here giving some insights. Once I get my BBE this week or next week..i will post snap shot and Pete can help me decipher all these bureaucratic b.s..

• HadIt.com Elder

Basically pete was trying to let you know veterans can have two ratings showing up on e benfits  and actually be rated for those two rating of 100%  but  will  only be paid for one of the 100%.

having multi ratings helps a veteran  if he ever gets a proposal to reduce   it will make it hard for the VA to reduce a veteran under the 100%  if this ever happens to the veteran..

check out Attorney Chris Attig blog about why having multi ratings is good for a veteran.

so if I was you I'd take these ratings and be happy with them.

stop worrying about these ratings  your going to be fine.

Pete.. Thanks for not speculating but your examples were even more confusing. I do appreciate everyone here giving some insights. Once I get my BBE this week or next week..i will post snap shot and Pete can help me decipher all these bureaucratic b.s..

10-4.. But