VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

19k4life

Question

Hello all,

I've been a big fan of this site and would like to thank all for the great insights pertaining to all.

My questions follows..

I filed a NOD in receipt on July 30th 2018 as va.gov showed. It was for a DRO review. I filed for 3 contentions for increase and TDIU. Which always shows as 2 different claims on VA.GOV site.

My current rating before NOD was at 90%. For total of 12 rated issues.

Recently this week showed up on VA.gov and ebenefits as granted 100 TDIU but on ebene I did the math..

50%, 10%x5, 20%x4, 30%x2.. This should add up to 95% which makes it 100 schedular so I thought... Below are what I saw from ebene. I'm just confused coz if 100 by schedular the TDIU should be moot.. Also, my disability on ebene shows 100 disabled. I want to have 100 schedular. Haven't received the brown envelope yet with decision letter. No retro pay yet.

I'm bad at pasting all info from ebene on this post...

Ebene benefit summary breaks down with checks:

1. You have one or more serv related disabilities. YES

2. Your combined serv connected disabilities are 100%.

3. Your current monthly award is:  effective date of last change amount and date.. $4158.32 / 12/01/2019.

4. You are being paid at 100% due to your unemployability due to your service disability. YES

5. You are considered t&p so let due to your serv connection. Effective dates of your T&P disability dates are 10/07/2017.

6. You are being paid SMC due to your service type severity..etc... YES

Everything here looks like tdiu 100 but my total math on my ebene shows 95 which us 100. My retro is another thing..if schedular..it seems as since my increase on the NOD was effective on 11/27/2019 that made me 100 by va math and the TDIU stated above was for 10/07/2017 effective.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by 19k4life

19K4life, Go to Ebennies, log in and go to the upper right and click on Dashboard. Scroll down to a box that says "things you can view from here" and Click on Additional benefits, Then click on Special monthly Comp. 

This should give you a detail reason you as to why you are getting smc-k 

Thanks lancejoseph for your info for Monday. I don't have smc-s but rather k which pays 119? Not sure but every penny helps. I do not have any mental issues. Apnea 50, planters 30, Diabetes rad 30, lower back 20x3, Diabetes II 20, knees 10x2, tinnitus 10, others 10x2.. I was at 90 prior to my new award giving me tdiu and raising my old back rating 3 contentions to 20% which prompted me to 100 barely..close to 95.

Buck52,

See above to see all my disabilities.. Never had or given smc-s. I guess calling Monday and asking questions will give me better understanding. Finding out what gave me the TDIU is important..was it my increase from my 3 increases from 10 to 20 or something else. It's just scary to keep working and having them lower my rating back down cause I maintained gainful employment for at least a year if I do plan to work till April 8th 2020.

Long story short just wait and see what the VA says on Monday, I doubt you're going to run into any trouble for working up to this point but like I said it pays to be vigilant and forward thinking with the VA. Seems to me you are at the 100% rate, so even if they decide to make TDIU moot nothing should change. Let us know how this goes. 

I think brokensoldier previous situation is very close to mines. Only difference if I'm correct is that my award came tdiu and scheduler simultaneously as where brokensoldier got this Tdiu first then couple of month in the same year got new ratings that bumped him up to 100 scheduler with a new single page award.

I'm now thinking from my earlier post pics from va.gov in my 2 separate looking claims for 1 was tdiu and other was an increase.. The tdiu one is closed and shows complete and granted. The 2nd one for increase had SOC letter sent with one or more granted but not closed.. I'm thinking once I send the page where I'm agreeing with a signature on my award with no further intention to appeal...i too should get a single award letter like brokensoldier to show my scheduler 100 and thus closing my tdiu. The tricky part is that it might surpass my 1 year of employment on April 2020 before seeing that letter.

Brokensoldier..thanks for finding your award letter and posting it earlier.